Discussion topic: Sky essentials

This message was authored by Cooper+D This message was authored by: Cooper+D

Sky essentials

My Sky Q contract ends in July and I'm not looking to re-contract purely down to cost.

I may look at downgrading to the Sky essentials package, and I think I read somewhere that if you do you can now have the mini box with essentials, would this be correct?

Does anyone have any idea what the cost of the essentials package plus mini box would be. Thanks 

All my opinions are my own.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Re: Sky essentials

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Cooper+D wrote:

My Sky Q contract ends in July and I'm not looking to re-contract purely down to cost.

I may look at downgrading to the Sky essentials package, and I think I read somewhere that if you do you can now have the mini box with essentials, would this be correct?

Does anyone have any idea what the cost of the essentials package plus mini box would be. Thanks 

@Cooper+D you can now have Essentials and a mini box,  at present I think the list price for essentials is £15 and you would still need to pay the multiscreen/room subscription which at present I think is £15 these prices may rise in the April price increase but you would be best speaking to Sky as you may get a deal from them 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

@Cooper+D wrote:

@Cooper+D you can now have Essentials and a mini box,  at present I think the list price for essentials is £15 and you would still need to pay the multiscreen/room subscription which at present I think is £15 these prices may rise in the April price increase but you would be best speaking to Sky as you may get a deal from them 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by PAISLEYALD This message was authored by: PAISLEYALD

In same boat.  WIll be giving the 31 days notice and going freesat I think.  Cost of this would be cost neutral in 18 month and then its saving every month after it.  Getting it from Richer Sounds so get the 6 year guarantee on it as well.  crazy to pay £15 a month for basically an EPG recording feature. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@PAISLEYALD wrote:

so get the 6 year guarantee on it as well.  feature. 

Bear in mind that satellite days are numbered...  Freely (non-satellite) is already the replacement.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by PAISLEYALD This message was authored by: PAISLEYALD

Yeah, been down a rabbit hole on this for months! 

Will get a good 6 years out of the normal channels recording with 6 year warranty. 

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@PAISLEYALD wrote:

Yeah, been down a rabbit hole on this for months! 

Will get a good 6 years out of the normal channels recording with 6 year warranty. 

Not without working satellites in the sky.........................

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

I am confident there will be......

UKTV (owned by the BBC) have already signed agreements with SES for satellite transponders up until at LEAST 2030 despite the original date of 2028 - and could easily be extended beyond that.

Satellite broadcast is going to be around for a good long while yet...and my 6 year guarantee on the product I'm sure will see me though. 😃

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Contracts for transponders won't do them much good if the hardware up there starts to fail because that ain't getting replaced. Having said that, 5-6 years sounds feasible.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion