Discussion topic: Sky cool want to download anything or I can’t connect to my apps as is saying there’s an Internet is

This message was authored by Dean50 This message was authored by: Dean50

Sky cool want to download anything or I can’t connect to my apps as is saying there’s an Internet is

My Sky cool boxes are working to watch TV but I can't download anything or go onto any of my apps as it says there's no Internet i've called BT out and everything is fine. They told me it's to do with the sky connection

All Replies

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Re: Sky cool want to download anything or I can’t connect to my apps as is saying there’s an Interne

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dean50 wrote:

My Sky cool boxes are working to watch TV but I can't download anything or go onto any of my apps as it says there's no Internet i've called BT out and everything is fine. They told me it's to do with the sky connection

Have you restarted your router & your Sky Q box (by turning the power off, waiting 30 secs, then powering back up)?

I am just another Sky customer!
Dean50
Topic Author

Re: Sky cool want to download anything or I can’t connect to my apps as is saying there’s an Interne

Yes I've just tried it again and I got tv and I can record but I can't download anything or get on to any of my apps it keeps saying there is no internet but I got internet as all my devices work but on my 5 sky Q boxes it says no internet 

thanks dean

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dean50 wrote:

Yes I've just tried it again and I got tv and I can record but I can't download anything or get on to any of my apps it keeps saying there is no internet but I got internet as all my devices work but on my 5 sky Q boxes it says no internet 

thanks dean

Have you done a Network Reset?  If you are on Sky broadband, you'll need to press the WPS button on your router, if not you'll need to enter your router's password.

I am just another Sky customer!
Dean50
Topic Author

Yes and it picks it up and says it's connected but as soon as I open Netflix/amazon or try and download anything it's saying you are not connected to the internet thanks

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @Dean50 to chat.

Dean50
Topic Author

Ok I'll be home from work around 10:30 am if that's ok

thanks Dean 

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help, please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion