Discussion topic: Sky TV Freezing

This message was authored by Lewisham This message was authored by: Lewisham

Sky TV Freezing

I have noticed that over the past two weeks, my Sky TV  occasionally freezes where the picture is frozen and the sound stops!!! This doesnt occur at the same time each day, but it happens at any time of the day/evening..  If I wait for several seconds or with some occurences its minutes.  Tried resetting both my Sky Q and Ski Mini boxes but the freezing still happens.  This is most disconcerting, so is there an intermittent fault with Sky transmission or something else. As I type, I have now had three separate freezes (25th May at 1642)  Please advise - has anyone else suffered from this?

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Sky TV Freezing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lewisham wrote:

This is most disconcerting, so is there an intermittent fault with Sky transmission

That would be noticed by many millions of people.  Then this forum would explode...

If you are encountering this on live television it's quite likely to be an issue with your satellite dish.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lewisham wrote:

This is most disconcerting, so is there an intermittent fault with Sky transmission

That would be noticed by many millions of people.  Then this forum would explode...

If you are encountering this on live television it's quite likely to be an issue with your satellite dish.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Avidblue This message was authored by: Avidblue

Hi @Lewisham 

I have had the same issue with just one of my miniboxes....  I posted and someone answered and it has solved my issue..

Answered: Sky Multi room issues | Sky Community

I had also re-set my box but not all of them, not sure if this answer will help you or not but it might.

Cheers

Abi

Lewisham
Topic Author

Thanks for your answer.  I have been talking to Sky customer services who didnt like the strength of my satellite signal which was only 70!! So Ive a Sky engineer coming our shortly to take a look at the dish etc...

Lewisham
Topic Author

Thanks Abi - tried that but it kept freezing.  Been talking to the customer services who said that it was possible that the Sky Dish wasnt picking up the signal properly and that the strength of 70 was too low. I have an engineer coming round shortly to take a look..

Lewisham
Topic Author

You're right thi I it may be the dish- got an engineer coming round on Monday 

This message was authored by Wayne10w This message was authored by: Wayne10w

I get exactly the same issues, has yours been resolved if so how?

Lewisham
Topic Author

it's largely resolved but I still get the occasional freeze for about 1/2 seconds.  I have sky multi room so have both a Sky Q box and a mini box in another room. Apparently if you also have an internet router then it may interfere with your Sky mini box due to operating on the same channel/frequency. I got no freezing on my Sky Q box so the problem lay in the mini box settings!  The sky man just changed the setting on the sky mini box so it didn't use the same channel as the router. It did take three visits to resolve though. The only other way was to hardwire the Sky Q box to the mini box rather than a wireless connection. @Wayne10w

This message was authored by Wayne10w This message was authored by: Wayne10w

Thanks for the info, I will try and hardwire the two boxes, it is happening on the mini box.

cheers 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Lewisham
Topic Author

Well done @Wayne10w I haven't done that because they are tooo far apart but if the two boxes are close then it may be possible. You might have to tweek the settings so it uses the hardwire connection to communicate rather than wireless. Be aware that some of the settings are private generally only known by the sky men but you may able to do it. If not call Sky in after all that's what we pay for!!! @@Wayne10w

This message was authored by Avidblue This message was authored by: Avidblue

Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

I had to speak virtually to a sky engineer to fix this.... took over an hour on the phone to her.  It has now happened again which I am really annoyed about so about to ring them yet again. 😞 paying all this money and crap still happens

Lewisham
Topic Author

Mine is much better since they changed the channel (frequency) of my skybox mini. However I still get the very occasional freeze but generally only for 1/2 seconds then everything okay. Only get the occasional occurrence and I can live with that.

Lewisham
Topic Author

2 weeks ago the freezing started again!!! It was worse than before and really interrupted my programmes. Once again the sky Q box and it's TV were not affected only the mini box/TV was!!! Difficult to hardwire the Q box to the mini cos they are in Separate parts of the house! Received a new mini box a week ago and that seemed to have fixed the issue ( for now🤞🤞 ) watch this space _______

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion