Discussion topic: Sky Q upgrade

This message was authored by SpeedyTrip This message was authored by: SpeedyTrip

Sky Q upgrade

I have just taken advantage of the Free upgrade to Sky Q, however, the girl on the phone said that an engineer would not be making the installation. Is the new box sent by Mail and a simple plug-in-and-go? 
I have just read that my dish will require some changes?

Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky Q upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SpeedyTrip 

You are correct. An engineer will be required to change the LNB on your satellite dish. The engineer should bring the Sky Q box, remotes, and any mini boxes you may have ordered. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky Q upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SpeedyTrip wrote:

I have just taken advantage of the Free upgrade to Sky Q, however, the girl on the phone said that an engineer would not be making the installation. Is the new box sent by Mail and a simple plug-in-and-go? 
I have just read that my dish will require some changes?

Any advice gratefully received, thanks.

Very strange - an upgrade from SKY +/HD to SKY does indeed need an engineer visit to change the LNB(the electronic bit on the dish) 

You may wish to read some notes I have made for people considering switching from SKY +/HD to SKY Q

SKY +/HD to SKY Q 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion