Discussion topic: Sky Q to streaming Sky

This message was authored by Rob7019 This message was authored by: Rob7019

Sky Q to streaming Sky

I've called Sky today to negotiate my renewal, it appears that I will be paying more in January 2024, the advisor kept on about Sky Glass but I'm not sure I need that as we have Sky Q and 3 mini boxes, we watch a lot of tv on Sky Q but I not sure if you would be able to watch the same content when streaming on Sky Q, we have cinema, Disney+, Sky Signature, Ultra HD, Netflix, Multiscreen, Sky HD and Gigafast Broadband.

To be honest I was looking at reducing my bill by possibility moving to You Fibre which would bring my bill down by quite a lot.

Can any one advise streaming Sky tv would we lose any channels etc ?

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Sky Q to streaming Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You don't need to buy the TV - you can do it with streaming devices.  But it's a very different product to Q - there's no recording and you'd need a very good internet bandwidth to run many boxes concurrently.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Rob7019 wrote:
I've called Sky today to negotiate my renewal, it appears that I will be paying more in January 2024, the advisor kept on about Sky Glass but I'm not sure I need that as we have Sky Q and 3 mini boxes, we watch a lot of tv on Sky Q but I not sure if you would be able to watch the same content when streaming on Sky Q, we have cinema, Disney+, Sky Signature, Ultra HD, Netflix, Multiscreen, Sky HD and Gigafast Broadband.
To be honest I was looking at reducing my bill by possibility moving to You Fibre which would bring my bill down by quite a lot.
Can any one advise streaming Sky tv would we lose any channels etc ?

Just to be clear @Rob7019 

Sky Stream is not done on Q it is a completely different system using Pucks for TV.

No doubt the same channels and content will be available on Sky Stream as on Q.

However as @PandJ2020 indicates it is solely streaming and Catch up with no recording facilities whatsoever.

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Sky Glass? Unless you need a TV upgrade, can't see why that would be of interest.

And how would changing to You Fibre save money? Do they offer some sort of bundled TV service?

Rob7019
Topic Author

You Fibre 1000 would save me around £30 per month but I'm not sure if they are reliable, I don't need another tv so will stick with Sky Q, would like to reduce my monthly payments and I'm due to renew tv and broadband package but the prices quoted have increased significantly.

Rob7019
Topic Author

I've chatted to Sky through messaging and managed to  get a deal I'm happy with.

This message was authored by simbsheen This message was authored by: simbsheen

I just contacted them to reduce the multi room on my bill, lm getting charged £15 for sky q multi room and hoped they'd offer a reduced price.  I said lm happy to cancel

multi  room and they just said they'd check

to see if any offers on and then said no there's not and we will send you packaging to return the boxes.  I have to say l was disappointed with this but then having thought more about it is it really worth the extra £15

when it's just to watch for half an hour in bed, probably not and l will just watch regular TV I guess.  If they'd have reduced it l would have kept it. Had multi room pre sky Q when kids lived at home still so probably nearly 20 years.  Guess that's a lot of additional payments over the years and yes l will miss it but trying to reduce

outgoings - bye bye multi room

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@simbsheen wrote:

I Had multi room pre sky Q when kids lived at home still so probably nearly 20 years.  Guess that's a lot of additional payments over the years and yes l will miss it but trying to reduce

outgoings - bye bye multi room

Not sure about your last point, Sky Q has not been around for "20 years" it came out in 2016

I am just another Sky customer!

Sky multi room was around pre sky q - but thanks for your response

This message was authored by Invisiblename This message was authored by: Invisiblename

@simbsheen wrote:

Sky multi room was around pre sky q - but thanks for your response

Sorry, just re-read your post - my mistake!

I am just another Sky customer!

No worries, l probably could have made it bit clearer 👍🏻

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion