Discussion topic: Sky Q to Freeview

This message was authored by Chaz15 This message was authored by: Chaz15

Sky Q to Freeview

Just unplugged my sky Q box to send it back but now can't get a signal on freeview from my old ariel I'm baffled tried another tv same thing do sky do anything to the ariel when installing dish/boxes, the ariel was working fine 18 months back when the new dish was installed any help would be appreciated 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Q to Freeview

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No, a Sky engineer has no need to touch your terrestrial TV aerial cable.

Chaz15
Topic Author

Ok thank you for replying,  I'm even more confused now but thanks again 

This message was authored by Godfrey This message was authored by: Godfrey

@Chaz15   If you had a Sky+Hd receiver before Sky Q was installed your Terrestrial Television signal may have previously been diverted through this receiver.

But, because your new Sky Q receiver did not have this facility you might well find that you will now just need to re-connect the coaxial cable that comes into your lounge from the external Terrestrial Television aerial to the coaxial cable that goes to the Terrestrial Television input socket on the back of your television.

terrestrial tv.jpg

Or if you want to restore your Terrestrial Television signal to more than just one television;

DTTV Splitter.jpg

Godfrey.

Chaz15
Topic Author

Thanks, so do I have to buy something? I'm still a bit confused, if I got one of those splitters would I just plug the ariel in and then connect to tv?

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Chaz15  You shouldn't need to buy anything, have you located both aerial cables somewhere around the back of your TV?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Chaz15
Topic Author

I've got the tv ariel that comes from the roof ye plugged it into tv  scan tv but no channels unfortunately I've tried another tv still no channels so must be something wrong with my cable because (sorry forgot to say) tv in bedroom is connected to the same ariel and that's working so the actual ariel on the roof is ok , my mother's house so not sure what's in the loft is that where the ariel splitter is for the two tvs? Could be the problem,,trying to sort it so it doesn't cost her anything  thanks again for the help 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion