Discussion topic: Sky Q Remote Control Problems

MysteryMan1
Topic Author
This message was authored by MysteryMan1 This message was authored by: MysteryMan1

Re: Sky Q Remote Control Problems

@MikeySti  Have you tried switching off Bluetooth on on devices near to the Sky box? That's what sorted it for me!

This message was authored by MikeySti This message was authored by: MikeySti

Sorry for the late reply, its not a bluetooth issue as the voice command is transcribed word for word on screen, it just wont do the search. Have since  had a replacement box and remote from sky and its exactly the same.  I have it connected via ethernet does that make any difference,?

This message was authored by TERRYELSON This message was authored by: TERRYELSON

Unhappy sky customer I have tried everything possible to get my remote to work properly if you canno

My sky controller does not work properly I have tried everything to make it work I'm a very unhappy customer 

This message was authored by Steamnut This message was authored by: Steamnut

Just this week the sound commands on my Q-Box Sky remote stopped working. I also have a Sky Mini and everything works perfectly including sound.

I tried another remote control with sound on my Q-Box and the 1-3 part of the process never succeeds. If I try a non-sound remote control this works perfectly. Both of my sound remotes fail to connect at the 1-3 state.

This seems to have started since the last Q-Box update which added Sky Sports+.

I have rebooted all of the boxes and restarted the network (I use LAN not WiFi) and nothing changes the problem.

Sky just offer the usual reset everything instructions and, after that, don't seem to have a clue.

This problem is definitely a problem in the software.

steamnut
This message was authored by PeterRock This message was authored by: PeterRock

Just got the Q box, and the 4 coloured buttons on the romote control don't do anything. Also when I try to use 'on demand' or 'catch up' it says I need to up grade. At the moment I wish i'd stayed with the 10 year old HD+ box.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@PeterRock wrote:

Just got the Q box, and the 4 coloured buttons on the romote control don't do anything. Also when I try to use 'on demand' or 'catch up' it says I need to up grade. At the moment I wish i'd stayed with the 10 year old HD+ box.

@PeterRock the 4 coloured buttons dont do too much the red button is used as the red button was on the HD box the green button is used occasionally 

Sky signature comes with live TV, catchup and boxsets.in SD as standard you may be trying to download the programme in HD

The default download setting is set to HD so try changing the format to download in SD

you can change the default to SD by Pressing Home on your Sky Q remote and select Settings, then Setup.
Select Preferences, then 'On Demand default download format', and choose SD.

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by PeterRock This message was authored by: PeterRock

@Laing1,thanks for the advise, it is all fine now.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion