Discussion topic: Sky Q Mini with Virgin Hub 3 / Pod

This message was authored by JessicaSky95 This message was authored by: JessicaSky95

Sky Q Mini with Virgin Hub 3 / Pod

Hello all,

I have recently moved to Vrigin broadbad (cheaper, better speeds etc) however one of my Q Mini boxes is really struggling to work since doing so. I have a Wifi Pod position half way between the box & my Hub 3 router but it is not improving. 

Any ways I can fix this?

TIA

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q Mini with Virgin Hub 3 / Pod

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JessicaSky95 wrote:

Hello all,

I have recently moved to Vrigin broadbad (cheaper, better speeds etc) however one of my Q Mini boxes is really struggling to work since doing so. I have a Wifi Pod position half way between the box & my Hub 3 router but it is not improving. 

Any ways I can fix this?

TIA

Hi @JessicaSky95 

Afraid minis will not connect to 3rd party WiFi.

They will only connect to Sky Broadband or the main Q box.   You can also connect to an already connected mini.

Try a Network Reset on the mini found in mini Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect to nearest Q device by WPS.

You will be asked to press the WPS button on the nearest device (not on the mini you are trying to connect as the Network reset will start the WPS automatically)

JessicaSky95
Topic Author
This message was authored by JessicaSky95 This message was authored by: JessicaSky95

Re: Sky Q Mini with Virgin Hub 3 / Pod

Seem to have made progress on this, moved pod next to the Q mini and plugged an Ethernet cable directly in. Now showing as connected to the pod in app and running stable.

150E6EC6-4A4A-4125-86B8-3FAF2311A042.jpeg

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion