Discussion topic: Sky Q Mini Wifi Extender With Sky Max Hub

This message was authored by ArvidS1 This message was authored by: ArvidS1

Sky Q Mini Wifi Extender With Sky Max Hub

We recently subscribed to Sky  Broadband coming over from BT. We have been Sky Q and Sky Mobile customers for a while and wanted to bring Broadband over to Sky as well. One of the advantages I was hoping for is using our tw Sky Q Mini Boxes as wifi extenders and do away with the many BT Discs we have to cover the house and Annexe through an external wall.

After troubleshooting I have just been told by Sky that the Sky Max Hub does not enable Sky Q Mini Boxes as wifi extenders any longer? Is this correct?

Will a newer generation of Sky Q Mini Boxes become wifi extenders with the Sky Max Hub?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Sky Q Mini Wifi Extender With Sky Max Hub

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ArvidS1 wrote:

After troubleshooting I have just been told by Sky that the Sky Max Hub does not enable Sky Q Mini Boxes as wifi extenders any longer? Is this correct?

Will a newer generation of Sky Q Mini Boxes become wifi extenders with the Sky Max Hub?

Hi @ArvidS1 

Apparently the Sky Max acts like a 3rd party hub and so Minis will not be Hot Spots.

Secondly there is no newer Generation mini on the cards and Sky are concentrating new development on Stream.

ArvidS1
Topic Author
This message was authored by ArvidS1 This message was authored by: ArvidS1

Thank you @oldfella 

I read somewhere the Sky Q Mini can be set up as a third party device, would that make a difference?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ArvidS1 wrote:

Thank you @oldfella 

I read somewhere the Sky Q Mini can be set up as a third party device, would that make a difference?

Hi  @ArvidS1 

If you mean Hot Spots with 3rd party broadband then yes if the option is in the Main Q box menu.

see link.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/wifi-hotspots

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion