Discussion topic: Sky Q Installation and Freesat box

This message was authored by Loreli This message was authored by: Loreli

Sky Q Installation and Freesat box

Had Sky Q installed this week and asked the engineer if he could fit a hybrid lnb but was told quite bruskly that they stopped fitting them 6 months ago he then said if I wanted the Freesat box to work I'd probably need to install a second dish.  From everything I've read all it takes is a hybrid lnb so that both boxes can work, have Sky altered the installation so that a hybrid lnb won't work??

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Sky Q Installation and Freesat box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Loreli wrote:

Had Sky Q installed this week and asked the engineer if he could fit a hybrid lnb but was told quite bruskly that they stopped fitting them 6 months ago he then said if I wanted the Freesat box to work I'd probably need to install a second dish.  From everything I've read all it takes is a hybrid lnb so that both boxes can work, have Sky altered the installation so that a hybrid lnb won't work??

hi @Loreli 

Not a case of Hybrid's won't work but they have, indeed, had a policy change meaning they no longer supply & fit them.

You could buy one and get it fitted  yourself  at your own cost - although there is a very feint chance that SKY would not support it  if there were any problems in future  

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion