Discussion topic: Sky Q Box: Unwanted Appointment

This message was authored by Jim-1975 This message was authored by: Jim-1975

Sky Q Box: Unwanted Appointment

Hello again, 

This is a further query, after a post I made on 4th September. 

I currently have a Sky+ HD box. 

When recently negotiating my contract, the Sky employee I spoke to on the phone then persuaded me to accept a Sky Q box... but I only agreed after he reassured me (clearly and at great length) that the box would only need be to dropped off, and that I could install it myself, at a time of my own choosing.

This suited me well, as I live with my autistic brother; we simply can't have an engineer in the house at the present time, nor can he (and therefore, we) cope with general changes to tech night now.  

As I now understand it (after using this forum before),  the information the assistant gave me was false. 

--- 

Using Sky's online process, I cancelled the Sky Q engineer's appointment. 

My account (which had previously stated the appointment time), now states that "you don't have any active orders"... which was fine. 

However... Sky have now sent me a Sky Q viewing card in the post,  and tell me that the engineer will see me soon (the appointment was scheduled for next week). 

I certainly can't or won't make any changes in the near-future... but I can't cancel the appointment online again, as it's not showing up.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you so much. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Re: Sky Q Box: Unwanted Appointment

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Jim-1975.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jim-1975 

You will need to call Sky to confirm the cancellation of the upgrade. An engineer woukd be required to change the LNB on the satellite dish and install the Sky Q box and show you the basics so you were apparently given incorrect information. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Jim-1975 wrote:

Hello again, 

This is a further query, after a post I made on 4th September. 

I currently have a Sky+ HD box. 

When recently negotiating my contract, the Sky employee I spoke to on the phone then persuaded me to accept a Sky Q box... but I only agreed after he reassured me (clearly and at great length) that the box would only need be to dropped off, and that I could install it myself, at a time of my own choosing.

This suited me well, as I live with my autistic brother; we simply can't have an engineer in the house at the present time, nor can he (and therefore, we) cope with general changes to tech night now.  

As I now understand it (after using this forum before),  the information the assistant gave me was false. 

--- 

Using Sky's online process, I cancelled the Sky Q engineer's appointment. 

My account (which had previously stated the appointment time), now states that "you don't have any active orders"... which was fine. 

However... Sky have now sent me a Sky Q viewing card in the post,  and tell me that the engineer will see me soon (the appointment was scheduled for next week). 

I certainly can't or won't make any changes in the near-future... but I can't cancel the appointment online again, as it's not showing up.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you so much. 

hi @Jim-1975 

I have escalated your post to a SKY support team, who, hopefully, will be in touch although I cannot guarantee this team can asist - although, if not, they should be able to advise accordingly

Please see this link re the escalation and what you might see:
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP address' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there! Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to @Jim-1975.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Jim-1975 wrote:

nor can he (and therefore, we) cope with general changes to tech night now.  

Given the drastic difference in the user interface, migration from Sky+ to Sky Q is a fairly fundamental change whether or not it requires an installer visit.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Jim-1975
Topic Author

Thank you @Daniel0210 , @TimmyBGood and indeed @nigea99 ... for the info and the escalation.

Hopefully this will get me to a solution.

Jim-1975
Topic Author

The problem's been solved (quickly and easily) with the Sky assistant chat.

Thanks again. 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Jim-1975 Keep hold of that new viewing card, put it somewhere safe. At some point in the future, Sky's automated system may well disable your current card as it will think that the upgrade took place. If that happens, the new card can be used in your Sky+HD Box, it will just need pairing.

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
Jim-1975
Topic Author

Thank you @oj01 ...that's valuable advice!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion