Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

@stereohaven Good points and all true, but sadly the technicians being contacted don't appear to be aware and as a result they, the engineers and most importantly, Sky customers are having their time wasted.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bob+Niro wrote:

@stereohaven , that's a fair comment but why can't they communicate this to their own front line staff and stop wasting everyone's bleeding time including their own?

Fair point, wish I knew. 

Seems to me to be a problem with first line call handlers at all big organisations to be honest. Have you ever had the misfortune of speaking to someone lately at BT/EE? 

It's scary when you know as a customer what products they sell and how they work but they don't! 🤕

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by KPNutt This message was authored by: KPNutt

Complaint raised received an email offering me a £5 Tesco voucher !! 
replied stating this was an insult and it should be the cost of those service which I pay Sky directly for (excluding Apple and Prime) 

I received a call back missed the call then a text telling me they had closed the case because I didn't answer. Called them back and reactived the complaint pushed for a £20 on off refund and new box (mine is out of date anyway) I doubt it will change the issue but I feel a little better. I will raise a second complaint if it dosent.

All I can suggest is keep complaining officially as others have stated this is not the place to do so just helpful to see your not alone. The assistant I spoke to didn't really commit to knowing the issue but that may be deliberate or just they don't keep all the staff informed. Should imagine the engineers are sick of being sent out without hope of fixing customers issues.

This message was authored by ak777 This message was authored by: ak777

A £5 Tesco voucher lol! Are they having a laugh! 
I've raised a complaint as well, see what supermarket voucher I get! 

This message was authored by Macculus This message was authored by: Macculus

@ak777 I raised a complaint and have been offered nothing other than apologies!

This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

Raising a complaint by email is pointless, message and request a call, that way you can strongly make your case and get fairer compensation...It does seem however that the compensation level varies considerably. 

This message was authored by Bob+Niro This message was authored by: Bob+Niro

I raised the issue via sky messenger during the week and today got a response.

A very helpful advisor said that there is an issue that will be resolved by a future software update but they have not been given a date yet. She added that software updates and refreshing apps seem to have resolved the issues for some people but others will have to wait fpr the new update.

As for compensation. If you are paying sky for netflix as part of your package I would advise you to complain. However if you are not paying Sky and just use their apps for convenience you will just have to use your tv apps to watch Netflix and Prime and others until it is sorted.

This message was authored by Tina1961 This message was authored by: Tina1961

Watching ITVX last night and can confirm the same issue.

Just refreshing apps as suggested above so will see how that is later.

Weird thing is, we are using basic Disney+ with ads and never have a problem while the ads are playing.

This message was authored by chris1518 This message was authored by: chris1518

I've put all my apps onto my TV, works a treat. I'm beginning to wonder if sky are doing this on a purpose so people get their glass telly. The Q boxes are on their way out, and everything will be streamed via the Internet. I read a while ago that they were trialling it in Italy a while back, to be honest I'm thinking of either packing it in or cutting it back, £140 a month is a lot for what they put out on their channels. 

This message was authored by DanB96 This message was authored by: DanB96

I've also been having the same issues for around six months. Any fixes?

This message was authored by Thondwe This message was authored by: Thondwe

@Macculus you were right a couple of days things were fine, but ITVx starting to misbehave again.  Might be time to dig out the Roku again... 

This message was authored by type-r This message was authored by: type-r

I received a £25 account credit (which is already showing as coming off next months bill) by way of compensation. I think that's a fair amount given that Inpay a discounted £7 p/m for the ad-free version of Netflix.

I am also receiving the latest Sky Q box (which supports HDR) at no extra charge - my 8 year old Sky Q box doesn't. So overall I think Ive been fairly compensated. 

This message was authored by Juliejoy This message was authored by: Juliejoy

Hello

In order to receive your compensation how did you complain?

This message was authored by type-r This message was authored by: type-r

Good question. Initially by email but was getting no where - getting the same standard apology, how much they understood the frustration it was causing me, how much of a valued customer I am and that they are working very hard on a fix.

So avoid that. Give them a call and choose Complaint about Sky TV from the automated prompts. It's then pot luck who you get. I'd call a few times and register the same complaint. First time chap offered me a £10 Tesco voucher. He doubled it after I complained about the amount. Never received it via email after the call. Called over the weekend and spoke to different chap and he sorted it out for me (and was much more helpful). 

This message was authored by Thondwe This message was authored by: Thondwe

@Tina1961 points to issues with whatever streams/decodes the programs vs whatever streams the ADs.  DRM (which protects against piracy) at a guess

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion