Discussion topic: Sky Q Apps pixelating

This message was authored by Glassback1 This message was authored by: Glassback1

Re: Sky Q Apps pixelating

Thank you for an update from Sky. That is what annoys people is forums are not monitored or if they are regular updates are not given. Whilst the fault is annoying and now spreading to other apps I can live with it if being worked upon. That said when identified and corrected it should be done as an immediate fix not as suggested somewhere on the timeline as on the next software update at the end of the month.

This message was authored by Suze505 This message was authored by: Suze505

@Kelsingra ...thanks for the update Kelsingra

This message was authored by KPNutt This message was authored by: KPNutt

Same for me any solution yet Please ? 

This message was authored by Peter+Knipe This message was authored by: Peter+Knipe

Same here. I'd describe it more as a garbled picture than simple pixelation. Some apps seem more prone to it than others. I watched a box-set on the channel 4 app via the Sky Q box and it only occurred twice in an hour. But I watched a two hour film on Amazon Prime via Sky Q and it happened over 20 times. It seems worse during a cut between shots where the garbled image shows bits of the two shots. I reset the box and downloaded the software again but it made no difference. As with everyone else, this phenomenon has only occurred since the update. It really spoils the viewing experience.

This message was authored by ff2233 This message was authored by: ff2233

Mine just started doing with with new skyQ white router, only had it 2 weeks, black router previous was fine no pixel issues.

This message was authored by caitlin1970abby This message was authored by: caitlin1970abby

For the record, I'm experiencing this too. It happens on all apps. When I use the apps on my smart TV there is no problem so clearly not a network issue

This message was authored by davey-lad This message was authored by: davey-lad

@ff2233 wrote:

Mine just started doing with with new skyQ white router, only had it 2 weeks, black router previous was fine no pixel issues.

For the record, this isn't an internet or broadband equipment problem.  The issue is being experienced regardless of broadband provider - not just Sky. 

This message was authored by Suze505 This message was authored by: Suze505

@stereohaven ...just wanted to thank you. Watched the Prime app on the TV with no pixelation...didn't think of doing that 😊 Appreciate your help.

This message was authored by stereohaven This message was authored by: stereohaven

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Suze505 wrote:

@stereohaven ...just wanted to thank you. Watched the Prime app on the TV with no pixelation...didn't think of doing that 😊 Appreciate your help.

You are most welcome. 👍🏻

-------------------------

LG OLED | Sky Q | EE TV Pro | BT Smart Hub 2 | Apple TV 4K
This message was authored by Govee This message was authored by: Govee

Just had an engineer visit re the pixelating problem, he says nothing you can do, and showed me a statement from sky saying that they are aware of the issue and software update will be issued to fix it, no date for the software update as yet. 
Had him change the q box anyway, which has an update from my last box, so I'll check out the apps later. 

This message was authored by KPNutt This message was authored by: KPNutt

Yeah same just been on the phone to them did all the reset stuff, just a pain really as you have to log into all again and set up favourites etc, offered an engineer but not worth it as seen on here it's software related. I am fortunate that TV has all the apps and must say picture quality is far better than Sky apps, I've been noticing loss of definition as well as pixelating and slow boot up. For some time now it's been SD then comes back the pixelating is more recent 

This message was authored by Tina1961 This message was authored by: Tina1961

Pretty sure i replied to this earler, but we have the problem mainly with Disney+.

Weird this is, some evenings its fine and yet others, almost unwatchable.

This message was authored by Aimeec1 This message was authored by: Aimeec1

@Govee thank you for your post that is really helpful. 🙂

Unfortunately I do not have a another way of watching the apps via the TV so for now I'm stuck with the issues until the software update to fix this is issued out. 

But good to know feedback from an engineer visit 👍🏻

This message was authored by Essexed This message was authored by: Essexed

This is also happening on all my Sky apps. No issue with internet as all the same apps work fine through amazon fire cube. 
Cannot beleive with how much sky costs that we have to live with this kind of poor service.

Any chance of a rebate for poor service..........didn't think so.

This message was authored by DARREN+TAGGART This message was authored by: DARREN+TAGGART

We're also struggling to watch Paramount+ absolutely terible service - this had been going on too long!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion