Discussion topic: Series link has stopped working on Sky Sports Cricket channel (404)

This message was authored by Philip74 This message was authored by: Philip74

Series link has stopped working on Sky Sports Cricket channel (404)

The series link option is not available on any programme on channel 404 on my sky q box. It stopped working midway through the second ashes test and is not working for the third and I have also lost series link on the T20 blast. No other channels appear to be affected. I've tried following the workaround recommended by sky which is to select the preferences option in the settings menu and then go to stand by and turn box off and restart (not sure if I'm meant to change eco mode setting but didn't indicate to). Also tried another workaround of removing series link from all scheduled programmes and then cancelling all scheduled recordings but this didn't help either. Any one able to help me fix this issue?

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Series link has stopped working on Sky Sports Cricket channel (404)

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Philip74 wrote:

The series link option is not available on any programme on channel 404 on my sky q box. It stopped working midway through the second ashes test and is not working for the third and I have also lost series link on the T20 blast. No other channels appear to be affected. I've tried following the workaround recommended by sky which is to select the preferences option in the settings menu and then go to stand by and turn box off and restart (not sure if I'm meant to change eco mode setting but didn't indicate to). Also tried another workaround of removing series link from all scheduled programmes and then cancelling all scheduled recordings but this didn't help either. Any one able to help me fix this issue?

Hi @Philip74 

It's not stopped working.

Its just not available.    In past there has been occasions where series link wasn't offered for test cricket.

Philip74
Topic Author

Thanks @oddfella

Seems odd the link was there until midway through the second test match and also I had a link on the T20 Blast which is no longer available too. Guess I'll just have to remember to record each day individually which is a bit of a pain. 

@Philip74 wrote:

Thanks @oddfella

Seems odd the link was there until midway through the second test match and also I had a link on the T20 Blast which is no longer available too. Guess I'll just have to remember to record each day individually which is a bit of a pain. 

Lol

Odd as well as Old @Philip74 

Philip74
Topic Author

Ooops sorry @oldfella and thanks again for your help

This message was authored by asc0tracer This message was authored by: asc0tracer

It has stopped working, though, @oldfella ?  It's silly to say 'it's just not available'. It was working fine for two-and-a-half tests, and now it isn't, so it's clearly worthy of comment?    

OK, it's literally 'not available' - but only in the same way that anything that stops working isn't available; not sure that's any excuse to imply that the thread is closed or solved?  

Sean

@asc0tracer wrote:

It has stopped working, though, @oldfella ?  It's silly to say 'it's just not available'. It was working fine for two-and-a-half tests, and now it isn't, so it's clearly worthy of comment?    

OK, it's literally 'not available' - but only in the same way that anything that stops working isn't available; not sure that's any excuse to imply that the thread is closed or solved?  

If you want a further opinion @asc0tracer 

Then by all means contact 

viewerR@sky.uk

This message was authored by asc0tracer This message was authored by: asc0tracer

Hopefully there may be some more helpful ones on here?  

Sean

@asc0tracer wrote:

Hopefully there may be some more helpful ones on here?  

As Customers on here @asc0tracer 

no one will know why the series link is not being made available.

Personally I suspect that because it is in UHD and each day session is approaching nine hours it has been decided not to offer a series link.

As  I said if you want  a definitive opinion contact Sky Viewer relations.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Don't think it's anything to do with UHD as all programs now and in the future are not able to set series recording on ch404 Sky Sports cricket HD. Also ch862 Sky Sports SD is the same with inability to series record.

@Philip74 @asc0tracer  as mentioned it might be worth emailing viewer relations. I can also ask Sky in the closed area.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

For reference, no series link offered on a Sky+HD box either. Although sport is notoriously bad at reliable series links, like as has been said, it was available until half way through the second test. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion