Discussion topic: Series control channel/Programs favour to check for me.

This message was authored by Negativepitch42 This message was authored by: Negativepitch42

Series control channel/Programs favour to check for me.

I wonder if anyone could check some channels for me to see if they can get series record, which I used to get on my old Sky+ HD.

I used to be able to series  record 'The Footage Detectives' Sundays, Talking TV, Channel 328, Sunday. 5.00pm.

Also, 'Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons'  Saturday Mornings, Talking Pictures, Channel 328, 3.00pm.

'Also Batman' at 3.30, straight after Captain Scarlet.

I,m not sure if anyone can make it before this week's episodes for today's Saturday morning, or be able to reach next week instead to check.,

Thanks for any replies. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Series control channel/Programs favour to check for me.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Negativepitch42 

Series links depend fully on information provided by the channel owners to Sky for inclusion into the epg. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Negativepitch42 

Series links depend fully on information provided by the channel owners to Sky for inclusion into the epg. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Negativepitch42
Topic Author
This message was authored by Negativepitch42 This message was authored by: Negativepitch42

I've found how to do it in a round about way, different so some other programs.

For example, 'Emmerdale' (not for me) ITV, Monday evenings.

If I press the Red Record button, it gives the option to Series Record, or, Record a single episode, similar to  the old Sky+ HD box.

Now, the way I have found how  to do the programs on my original post above on Talking Pictures TV, Captain Scarlet, I set it to record as, as it's the only option given.

Then, go to, Home - Recordings - Scheduled - The Footage Detectives - Add series link (keep etc etc).

It seems a bit long-winded when something like Emmerdale, Eastenders etc will give you the option straight off.

Negativepitch42
Topic Author

@Daniel0210 

Crumbs! That was quick 😅

What time do you get up on a Saturday morning.

Thanks for that, ignore the extra post added to mine.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

hi @Negativepitch42 

Just to add generally, yes a single press from the TV Guide should schedule a recording & add a Series link, when available.

Pressing the record button again removes the series link but leaves that episode set to record

Pressing the record button again (i.e. 3 times) removes the scheduled recording

One thing that is a little bit confusing and can be difficult to know what is scheduled and IMO should not be this way :

On SKy Q the Scheduled recording list / Record icon & Series link icon only show on the very next episode to be recorded

It does not show on the next episode until the first one starts recording

e.g. Say you have set to record a programme which has episodes every weekday starting Monday

Initially the Record & Series links icons show only on the Monday episode & only Monday's episode will show in the Scehduled recordings

When Monday's starts to record Tuesday's episode will show the icons and appear in the scheduled list

then  when Tuesday's epsiode starts recording Wednesday's will show etc  

I really wish that it wasn't done that way and would show icons on all episodes listed in the TV planner window etc - which IIRC it did on SKY +/HD

As @Daniel0210 says it is mainly down to what the programme providers give SKY etc and can occasionally be not set for regular programmes - sometimes they do sort themeselves out in time but not always 

When you do notice  problems which need attention then best to email Viewer Relations : viewerR@Sky.uk 

Negativepitch42
Topic Author

Many thanks once again for taking the time to reply.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion