Discussion topic: Second night after rebooting Sky Q box, it is locking up

This message was authored by Loveskygo This message was authored by: Loveskygo

Second night after rebooting Sky Q box, it is locking up

I have a consistent problem with my new Sky Q box in that during the early hours of the second morning  after it has been re powered it is locking up resulting in a spinning blue Q on the front of the box and a noisy fan. When the Tv is switched on you are presented with the screen asking you to hit the Home button when the screen goes blank. Remote is non functional at this point and none of the front buttons are working either. The only way to get it back working is to power it down and re power the box,

Interestingly if you re power and do not hit the home button when asked to you get the same outcome after a short period of time with a locked box - the blue spinning Q and noisy fan. Worth noting that when I re power the box the tv is in standby mode. The only way to get the box to reboot successfully is to have the tv on and hit the Home button when the screen goes blank. 

Thus was reported immediately after a few mornings finding the box this way and Sky quickly swapped out the box. My second box is doing the same. This HDR box was issued as my previous first generation Sky Q box was not working in UHD (HDR) mode even though I am subscribing for UHD. My Tv is a Samsung 40" UHD Tv, Sky box sending UHD 10-bit 1920 x 1080, 60. Satellite signal is strong, Internet connection is fast. My previous box did not have any issues early morning.

I have tried different settings for the standby mode, nothing corrects the issue. Does anyone know what is causing my box to behave this way. Every second early morning I have to repower the box which is not ideal 😞 I will probably need to get a Sky engineer back, thanks for reading...

All Replies

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Re: Second night after rebooting Sky Q box, it is locking up

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LoveskygoYou will certainly not want it in the eco mode if you use it in the early morning with any Q box, use none or active. However that does not seem to be your problem if you have tried them all.

I would contact Sky.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion