Discussion topic: Satellite signal issues with Sky Q box

This message was authored by mazzzy62 This message was authored by: mazzzy62

Satellite signal issues with Sky Q box

Having only had the Sky Q box for a few month - all was good - upgrade from Sky + however too good to be true - now stating no Satellite signal - have done everything (on off on off on off)  - can access previous recordings - but current recordings have failed.  I am so fed up now with Sky and its constant technical issues - it took an Engineer a month x 2 just to install the box.  We pay enough money for a service that doesnt work.  Unsure why it is stating no satellite signal - nothing outside warrants this  - weather is fine - yes on a Communal Dish - but no issues there either.  States no broadband - this has now rectified itself.  So what is the damn problem

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Satellite signal issues with Sky Q box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mazzzy62 wrote:

Unsure why it is stating no satellite signal - nothing outside warrants this  - weather is fine - yes on a Communal Dish - but no issues there either. 

@mazzzy62 
If a message displays “no satellite signal” firstly check that the connections from the Sky dish going into the back of your Sky Q box are still finger tight. Otherwise it’s likely to be a dish alignment issue so check the troubleshooting in this link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-tv-no-satellite-signal-sky-q

As you are connected to a communal dish you need to liaise with your building management company / landlord who will have their approved engineers to contact.

Remember, a misalignment is not necessarily something that will be visible to the naked eye and could only affect one or two channels.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@mazzzy62 Worth noting that a Sky Q box is more reliant on an exact dish alignment than the Sky+HD Box was.

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
mazzzy62
Topic Author
This message was authored by mazzzy62 This message was authored by: mazzzy62

Hi - Thanks for your response - I am awaiting contact via the Housing Engineer - to check the Communal dish  - Sky has also booked in their Engineer (3 weeks time) as I have told them - The wiring  connection at the back of the box is also loose which I have a gut feeling is also part of the problem.  I tried to bring this to the Engineer's attention when he transferred me from Sky Plus to Sky Q, as he used the same connection/wires  but he knew best!!!  and stated it wasnt the problem - same issue with the Sky plus now Sky Q!!! and its not a problem - time will tell!!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion