Discussion topic: Satellite Dish & Moving Home

This message was authored by Kay53 This message was authored by: Kay53

Satellite Dish & Moving Home

We'll be moving house within the next month and are currently in rented property, going into a mortgage. We had a satellite installed at this address and are debating whether to take it down and reinstall in our new home, but the cost seems quite high to do so (too high to do it ourselves) or would it make more sense to leave it and get a new one. Does it cost to get a satellite installed at the new property, how much would it be? Thank you!

Best Answers
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

Re: Satellite Dish & Moving Home

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When you move, you do not need to take the satellite dish and satellite cables with you.

When you move, let Sky know and they will install a new dish and cable (if the new address does not have them) and will setup your dish and your Sky Q equipment.

You will be able to take your current Sky Q boxes, hdmi cables and remotes ( except dish and satellite cable)

Sky have a house move section in the Sky help area here, to help you with the move;

https://www.sky.com/moving-home

Or if you prefer, call Sky and at the prompt say ' house move'.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Kay53 

The dish should stay where it is. A home move done by Sky will include a dish installation if there isn't one there already. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice Answer

When you move, you do not need to take the satellite dish and satellite cables with you.

When you move, let Sky know and they will install a new dish and cable (if the new address does not have them) and will setup your dish and your Sky Q equipment.

You will be able to take your current Sky Q boxes, hdmi cables and remotes ( except dish and satellite cable)

Sky have a house move section in the Sky help area here, to help you with the move;

https://www.sky.com/moving-home

Or if you prefer, call Sky and at the prompt say ' house move'.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Kay53  I presume you mean a satellite dish as having your own satellite would cost billions 😀

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@Daniel0210 wrote:

@Kay53 

The dish should stay where it is. A home move done by Sky will include a dish installation if there isn't one there already. 

Unless you have a landlord like I had who grudgingly allowed me to have a dish installed and when I moved out, 12 years later, wouldn't return my deposit until I had the dish removed.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion