Discussion topic: SKY Q box freezing?

This message was authored by trick97 This message was authored by: trick97

SKY Q box freezing?

I have the following issue with the sky system:

All boxes are off. Go to switch on a sky minibox, the blue screen shows up saying it is having problems connecting to sky q box

Go to sky Q box - the hard drive is on overload and spinning, loud fan noises everything.

Reboot box. Fan noise stops. Go back to minibox, reboot that. All then is ok.

Other miniboxes also need rebooting before they work (blue screen).

Then all will be well for a while, days, weeks.. .

It got really frequent, each day - so complained and sky replace my sky q box, annoyingly lost all the movies i had downloaded and not available anymore.

Thought great all solved.

2 weeks later. Same thing has started again.

In between all this the only think that has changed is that I have changed my broadband supplier and network.

All boxes are hardwired (ethernet) but also have wifi connection if needed.

On main sky q box i tried to change the wifi network using an online guide. Entered all the details + pw. But it still shows the old wifi name, this was before the new sky q box was sent to me.

When i did get the new sky q box it still shows the old wifi name so presume that info is either stored on the viewing card?

Anyway.. despite main sky showing the network id for old wifi, the minibox still  connects to wifi (if i pull the ethernet cable out).

So not sure if that is linked but this repeated having to reboot is annoying now. Hardware swap hasnt avoided it so wifi change is only thing that is different.

Any ideas?

Rich

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion