Discussion topic: Router working fine, but TV wont connect anymore

This message was authored by Maineman9 This message was authored by: Maineman9

Router working fine, but TV wont connect anymore

Our router etc, normal broadband is working fine. We came home and switched our TV on. It appeared to work normally. But my wife went to navigate to a series we`ve been watching and the TV froze. The channel was apple plus. We have joined it for a week to see what it is like.

The message on the screen says that we do not have an internet connection right now (it has been saying that for 12 plus hours now). It tells me to go to settings and check network connection status to reset. It doesn`t work.

I have taken the card out of the box and refitted it several times. This has worked in the past, but not this time. I have turned off my internet (disconnected it) and then receonnected it, that didn`t work. But I am connecting on my lap tops ok! The 4 ticks in the status screen are only 3 in fact, with an x  in the status box against network connection. It says on the next screen status - not connected. It lists my broadband name and says "no connection to broadband router" and "no connection to internet".

The next screen is " reset". It checks my connection, tells me it cant connect to the broadband router and to check it is switched on - it is! Along with Sky Q products in the home -  they are all switched on.

So now Im out of idea`s. Tried to ring a helpline, but they want to me to go via this route. I think the problem is with the TV, because the upstairs TV/Sky Q mini box worked for a while. When I started to try and fix the main TV/Sky Qbox in the living room that stopped working too.

Does anyone know how to get hold of sky to get a visit? Is there a number to phone anymore to get a visit? Are there still humans out on the road in vans or has that all been done away with?

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Router working fine, but TV wont connect anymore

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Maineman9  Have you tried the steps here  

I've moved ypur post to the Sky Q forum as this doesn't sound like a general broadband issue as other devices work.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Maineman9
Topic Author
This message was authored by Maineman9 This message was authored by: Maineman9

Re: Router working fine, but TV wont connect anymore

Hello GD 1

I did eventually get through to someone to speak to at a response centre. We went through everything again that I have described. When nothing worked they did make an appointment for an engineer, but in 2 weeks time. Bearing in mind I am not receiving any channels (no BBC, ITV or other free to air channels) at all I wasn`t happy with that.

So in desperation the help desk had me unplug the equipment and the router (which had been working and supplying e mail to my lap tops) and then reconnect everything and follow through the settings then resetting screens again.

There were some tense moments (I need my internet to work for my employment) but suddenly the last reset screen brought up the terestrial TV channels. After re entering my PIN so too did the Sky and other satellite channels.

After a couple of further tests the engineer was duly cancelled. So thank you for your help GD1, but the problem appears to have cleared.

The worrying thing is how long the wait is to see an engineer. In this hi tech world, human intervention can still achieve results bots can`t. But if you don`t hire them then you don`t have to pay them. There appear to be fewer of them available these days. If you ask a bot a question it doesnt like it just gives you a list of questions it will answer, none of which have any relevence to the problem. Very frustrating for an old hands on aviation engineer.

Thanks again for responding.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion