Discussion topic: Returned old equipment

This message was authored by IizMe This message was authored by: IizMe

Returned old equipment

Hi Everyone,

I have returned my old equipment back to sky, but I am still receiving text messages asking for its return. I'm worried I will get charged for it. I have proof from post office that I posted it.  I've tried the virtual assistant (useless!) 

Has anyone else had this problem? 

Kind Regards

K

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Returned old equipment

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@IizMe  How long ago was it returned?  Returns take around 2 weeks to process.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Rob11 wrote:

Cancel any Direct Debit you have with them 

@IizMe 

Cancelling your direct debit too early may well hinder the reimbursement of any overpayment as Sky will have to raise a cheque and post it out to you. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Rob11 This message was authored by: Rob11

I cancelled the SKY Direct Debit 14 days after SKY was switched off and 45 days after I cancelled them.  I had paid SKY up to date and I was not expecting SKY to repay me any monies.  Big companies always say 'Do not Cancel the Direct Debit' as we may need to repay you monies....yes and I am yet to hear of anyone getting repaid anything from SKY. If they owe you, send a cheque just like it was done for years in the past.  SKY is not the company it was, it's now become a company of greed and contempt who will hike prices half way through a contract, rinse customers for every penny they can gt away with.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@IizMe 

To get you some help with this I have escalated your post to the Sky Messaging team who should be in touch with you regarding this via a blue/red chat bubble which will appear at the bottom of this page. It can take up to a few hours to be contacted via this.

This link explains how this works so you will need to respond to the chat bubble at the bottom of the page when it appears:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the chat bubble does appear you will need to respond to it as soon as you can.
This isn't a live chat so replies are not instant.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to @IizMe to chat.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this invite now due to no response within 48 hours. If you still need help please let us know so we can re-escalate this for you. Thanks.

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-We are closing this session now as this has now been resolved. If there is anything else we can help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion