Discussion topic: Resolution- losing the edges if the screen

This message was authored by Channers This message was authored by: Channers

Resolution- losing the edges if the screen

Hi,

I'm visiting my grandads who's terrible with technology, he loses quite a large amount of all four  edges of the screen, he can't fully see the channels or information and when I looked through the settings I could even see what the menu said

He's got a technika television so I may need to look there but it just seems the resolution of SKY Q is too much for his TV, or zoomed in 

Does anyone know how to fix? I'm not a sky user myself 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Resolution- losing the edges if the screen

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Channers  You coukd try the TV;s own settings menu to see of it's set to 16:9 and not zoomed in?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Channers wrote:

Hi,

I'm visiting my grandads who's terrible with technology, he loses quite a large amount of all four  edges of the screen, he can't fully see the channels or information and when I looked through the settings I could even see what the menu said

He's got a technika television so I may need to look there but it just seems the resolution of SKY Q is too much for his TV, or zoomed in 

Does anyone know how to fix? I'm not a sky user myself 

hi @Channers 

Please may I suggest you look on the TV's remote for a button to adjust the Aspect ratio or it may just be in one of the TV's menus.  On my Panasonic it is a menu for Picture - Screen Settings

The  entries are likely to be Auto , 4:3, 16:9 & Zoom

Try setting to Auto or maybe the standard used by SKY - 16:9

Channers
Topic Author
This message was authored by Channers This message was authored by: Channers

thanks all, I suspect this but need to get the remote from my stubborn old grandad 😂

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Ha

yeah TVs in the analogue days used to have overscan so you'd lose a bit round the edges and could dial that in or out to just fit it on without getting the effects of the end of the lines but these days all that's gone away and I bet this is something he did switching the display aspect ratio to get an old 4:3 program to fill the width of the screen thereby pushing a load of the 16:9 content off the sides from then on.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion