Discussion topic: Reset sky Q main box

This message was authored by edgie700 This message was authored by: edgie700

Reset sky Q main box

Hi all is there a way to reset a sky Q main box , I don't just main unplugging it for a minute , thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Reset sky Q main box

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@edgie700 wrote:

Hi all is there a way to reset a sky Q main box , I don't just main unplugging it for a minute , thanks 

Hi @edgie700 

There is a Reset Settings in the Q box hidden menu.

To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
If you cannot switch the Q box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Resetting the settings will also reset:

Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control
Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, include LNB type. If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@edgie700 wrote:

Hi @edgie700 

There is a Reset Settings in the Q box hidden menu.

To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
If you cannot switch the Q box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Resetting the settings will also reset:

Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control
Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, include LNB type. If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

edgie700
Topic Author
This message was authored by edgie700 This message was authored by: edgie700

Thanks for your reply, reason why I'm resetting it is because going through the menus it doesn't seem smooth , it's like using a smart phone with a poor processor, bit stuttery 

This message was authored by Debbie68 This message was authored by: Debbie68

Good evening

I arrived home tonight and went into the livingroom and turned the TV on, I picked up the Sky remote and pressed the home button for the menu/guide to come up but nothing.

I thought maybe I need to change the battery's so I changed the battery's and still nothing, I would test the select button but I do not know where it is on the remote I also tried the button up & down on the sky q box but nothing.

Can you help me please.

Debbie Robinson

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@Debbie68 wrote:

Good evening

I arrived home tonight and went into the livingroom and turned the TV on, I picked up the Sky remote and pressed the home button for the menu/guide to come up but nothing.

I thought maybe I need to change the battery's so I changed the battery's and still nothing, I would test the select button but I do not know where it is on the remote I also tried the button up & down on the sky q box but nothing.

Can you help me please.

Debbie Robinson

Hi @Debbie68 

Have a look at the below link which may be of assistance..

Sky Q manual  

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband
This message was authored by Pogit This message was authored by: Pogit

Re: Reset sky Q (main box only) via onscreen menu

Hi @edgie700  actually there is a way to reset the main sky box via onscreen menu.

Its not really meant for this purpose but I use it for exactly this reason and I have asked for it to be made easier as its clearly possible.  

I had previously used power sockets but there was an issue so I stopped using them I think it was something to do with power cuts but I now have a UPS attached to my Q box and Virgin Router

Any way to  RESTART THE MAIN Q box choose the following on screen menu options in order. 

1. Select help
  2. Select to view all help
  3. Fix a problem
  4. No satellite Signal
  5. Continue
  6. RESART NOW

Note this isn't an option on mini boxes as they don't have a direct satellite signal they get IP based content from the main box.

Hope this helps.  

SkyQ 2TBv3 (32B206 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu0) (Ethernet) on LGUM7400, SkyQMini (32D0B2 - Q270.000.08.00L (5u193cu) (Ethernet) Virgin Media BB.
This message was authored by timFA This message was authored by: timFA

thank you very easy for me to understand and do im old school not good with technical stuff thanks

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion