Discussion topic: Reminders

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Reminders

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mante wrote:

So nothing changes? Everyone is happy with a degraded system when a fix would be so easy to impliment. Nobody wants improvements if required.

Q has had multiple changes since February 2016: the firmware is now on its 23rd major release version.

What it's never gained is Reminders, and believe me, that's been raised once or twice.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@Mante wrote:

Bah, it would be a very simple software update.

@Mante afraid it wouldn't be a simple software update. It was simple on the Sky+HD boxes as it would only appear on each individual box but with Sky Q being a multiscreen system its not as easy to implement reminders as what screen will the reminder pop up on all screens or only the screen it was setup on in which case that means having to make sure you set them up on  the correct screen or if all screens and someone is watching another programme its going to be invasive of their viewing.

Many people miss reminders but as others have said i'm afraid after 8 years its not going to be added 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by JMja This message was authored by: JMja

I've just upgraded to q and was told the same thing about all features. Used the reminders all the time on previously because I don't want to record everything! This is SUCH a retrograde omission. Sigh.

Mante
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mante This message was authored by: Mante

Its really annoying that people are still being told a lie inasmuch as Q has the same features and you won't lose functionality.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Mante wrote:

Its really annoying that people are still being told a lie inasmuch as Q has the same features and you won't lose functionality.

Who's saying that?

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

I received my regular call from Sky a couple of weeks ago asking if it was ok for him to go ahead and upgrade me to Sky Q (completely unprompted, I've never asked for it). I politely told him No Thank You, there are too many features I would miss.  He said that not only did Sky Q have all the features of Sky+HD it had many more. 

I asked him why he would say that when Sky Q doesn't have Reminders, Bookmarks and Slow Motion. He said he'd never heard of them.

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@Mark39 wrote:

@Mante wrote:

Who's saying that?

My guess is that the advisers who do advise people to move have absolutely no idea of the (few) features never implemented on SKY & probably do think Q has has everything SKY HD has

Of course, as we know here Reminders & a couple of other features, like the red button text service,  are used regularly by several (many?)  long standing SKY +/HD  customers who do miss these.. 

We do try to inform those thinking of moving but usually customers only come here after finding out after switching

Edit @oj01 you DO surprise me 🙂

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@nigea99 wrote:

Of course, as we know here Reminders & a couple of other features, like the red button text service,  are used regularly by several (many?)  long standing SKY +/HD  customers who do miss these.. 

It's going to be bloodshed when they turn the satellites off... 😬

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion