Discussion topic: Reminders

This message was authored by Mante This message was authored by: Mante

Reminders

I have just "upgraded" to Sky Q from Sky+ HD and whilst I like most of it one feature that I used daily seems to have disappeared!

In the past I used to highlight shows I wanted to watch on TV and reminders appeared when they were due to be shown.

It seems this isn't available on Sky Q, is that the case or am I missing something?

This is going to really irritate me going forward.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Reminders

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mante wrote:

I have just "upgraded" to Sky Q from Sky+ HD and whilst I like most of it one feature that I used daily seems to have disappeared!

In the past I used to highlight shows I wanted to watch on TV and reminders appeared when they were due to be shown.

It seems this isn't available on Sky Q, is that the case or am I missing something?

This is going to really irritate me going forward.

Hi @Mante 

Sky Q never has had reminders and will not have them in the future

Mante
Topic Author

That is very poor, and contrary to what I was told when upgrading. All features were included, NO they ruddy well aren't.

Another big black mark against Sky IMHO

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mante wrote:

As discussed almost endlessly since early 2016 (although not so much recently) the inherent 'Multiscreen' concept behind Q meant that Reminders were never going to be there.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Linear viewing is dead.

The idea is to record what you want to watch and then choose when to play them back.

It's not 'poor', it's just different.  There's no slo-mo either.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Mante 

And before you ask (or anyone else does) there is no slow motion playback or bookmarking in recordings either. These, like reminders, have never been on Sky Q. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Mante
Topic Author

Bah, it would be a very simple software update.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Mante 

It would be a fundamental change in a design concept which is now a decade old.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Mante
Topic Author

Except it isn't.

It may be for you but there is no need to force it on people.

Such a simple fix that could have been implimented, and YES I do understand IT etc.

Mante
Topic Author

So nothing changes? Everyone is happy with a degraded system when a fix would be so easy to impliment. Nobody wants improvements if required.

Hell we pay enough for this

This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Mante If you do understand IT then you would understand that any new product that hits the market eliminates any features that where used by very few consumers on the old platform, it's wasted resources that could be utilised elsewhere.

If the feature was widely used on the old platform it would have been integrated into Q.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Mante 

Reminders, slow motion and bookmarks are not 'required'. Some new customers upgrading from Sky+ may miss them initially but they were never classed as required/essential/necessary.  

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

I admit that 6 years on & I do still miss Bookmarks  - non essential definitely but doesn't mean I don't miss them

I know people do get a lot of flack here about reminders but I do understand why we get posts from many missing them - Recording something is not the same as switching over to a live event & whilst there are alternatives such as Smart phones etc it is not the same as a simple selection of a programme from the TV guide

Whilst we have to make it clear that they won't get implemented, I think we should consider the views of those who will miss such features & not go overboard with our replies

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Mante   You are nearly 8 years late to the party.

@Mante 

Unfortunately having only joined the Community in the last few weeks it would seem you may have missed the opportunity to search the boards (using the search box at the top of the page) to find other threads on a similar theme and to see the helpful information 

@nigea99 has put together for Sky+ customers contemplating changing to Sky Q. That may have forewarned you.

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion