Discussion topic: Recordings, Sky Go, Auto-Download

This message was authored by AnytimePlus+On+VM This message was authored by: AnytimePlus+On+VM

Recordings, Sky Go, Auto-Download

I have a suspicion that this just doesn't work, anyway.

I quite often use Sky Go on my laptop.  To me Sky Go is kind of like another mini.

I know that I can stream from catch-up etc.

However, if instead I go to "Recordings" where I already have an episode of something downloaded.  If I start playing that it doesn't appear to auto-download the next episode.

If I was using the main Sky Q/mini it would.

Is this just something that hasn't been implemented or is there a setting I've missed somewhere?  I suspect it's the former.

Like I said I know I can stream, I just assumed that accessing recordings would work just like it does with the main Sky Q/mini.

It's just annoying that's all, because not only do I then have to start streaming, when I come to watch again on the main Sky Q/mini I have to initiate the download of the next episode, but if I've watched more than one, I need to remember where I got to as there's no indication of where I got to.

Hey, all minor annoyances/frustrations, it's not something I'd cancel for 😉

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Recordings, Sky Go, Auto-Download

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnytimePlus+On+VM wrote:

To me Sky Go is kind of like another mini.

I suspect this is the key: that's not how Sky conceives of the product.

For them Go has always been primarily about temporary access away from home, with perhaps one episode manually downloaded for consumption while commuting.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
AnytimePlus+On+VM
Topic Author
This message was authored by AnytimePlus+On+VM This message was authored by: AnytimePlus+On+VM

Yeah and when you're using it "on the move" it's great, but because when using it at home you can also access the main Sky Q box & recordings etc. I see it as another mini.

Like I said, it's just a frustration.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@AnytimePlus+On+VM there is no option in Sky Go or setting to download the next episode automatically if there was it would be under settings in the menu on the left hand side 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion