Discussion topic: Received a replacement SkyQ 2tb box today for a faulty one.....

This message was authored by Nabu This message was authored by: Nabu

Received a replacement SkyQ 2tb box today for a faulty one.....

The power cable connector looks like something from radio shack circa 1977. (which was not in the box and isn't the same as the one they collected at the same time... therefore no tv.... )

It's a model es240, is this an old one?  

Why would I get possibly the oldest piece of equipment available after 8 years as a customer? 

Anyone help with suggestions? 

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: Received a replacement SkyQ 2tb box today for a faulty one.....

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nabu wrote:

The power cable connector looks like something from radio shack circa 1977. (which was not in the box and isn't the same as the one they collected at the same time... therefore no tv.... )

It's a model es240, is this an old one?  

Why would I get possibly the oldest piece of equipment available after 8 years as a customer? 

Anyone help with suggestions? 

hi @Nabu 

there are actually 3 variants of 2TB box the one with a separate power supply & multipin socket on the box is a V2

Probably all 2TB boxes are now refurbished so it is pot luck as to which version you get as a replacement (although only V2 & V3 are HDR capable) 

There should have been a power supply in the box 

I am afraid you will need to call SKY to arrange for another replacement - they don't send out just the power supplies 

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Hi @Nabu 

You need the power supply in the following pic for your Q box

IMG_0432.png

Nabu
Topic Author
This message was authored by Nabu This message was authored by: Nabu

Seems like the DPD driver didn't give me the entire power supply (which is in 2 parts) which is different to the box I was returning.  

Is there anyway we can escalate this to a sky rep to give me a call or chat so that I can organise the driver to come back (DPD are not being helpful) or send me a replacement via post..??? 

Thanks, N. 

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Hi @Nabu 

I’ve escalated your post to the Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this. 

Just look out for the colourful bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

I suspect there is no way of getting DPD back, your only option is to arrange for another box swap. This time exchange everything and accept the full replacement box contents. Obviously, keep your viewing card.

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent Nabu an invite to chat.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion