Discussion topic: SKy HD cancel

This message was authored by thewad This message was authored by: thewad

SKy HD cancel

Went to turn off sky hd but got this warning

'As well as all your channels, you’ll lose all your recordings and tags in your personal Playlist, alongside any offers on this pack.You won't be able to add it back here or on your Sky TV until after the change is complete.'

Does this just mean i will lose all recodered  in HD format  but  not lose the actual channels ?   hope i am clear 

Also am i correct in saying that Sky do a 'essiential' package  which is pretty much just free to air channels but these will come as HD and what costs is this  ?   thank you 

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: SKy HD cancel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@thewad wrote:

'As well as all your channels, you’ll lose all your recordings and tags in your personal Playlist, alongside any offers on this pack.You won't be able to add it back here or on your Sky TV until after the change is complete.'

Does this just mean i will lose all recodered  in HD format  but  not lose the actual channels ?   hope i am clear 

Also am i correct in saying that Sky do a 'essiential' package  which is pretty much just free to air channels but these will come as HD and what costs is this  ?   thank you 

Hi @thewad 

Yes , if you cancel your HD add on then you will not be able to watch any previous HD recordings.  Apart of course from the free to air channel ones.

Edit See the following link ref the Sky Essentials pack.

Best to contact Sky directly to see what deal you can get.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/tv-essentials

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@thewad wrote:

hi @thewad 

Once you cancel the HD add on then, yes, any recordings you have from the HD channels (that are not Free to Air - FTA) will no longer be viewable & will prompt for an upgrade

You won't be able to watch any HD channels   other than the FTA ones  & if you have Sports  or Cinema they are also  in HD in the UK as standard 

SKy do provide an Essentials subscription which is effectively Freesat via SKY Q - the list price I think is £15 although I think some manage to get it cheaper.  The main FTA channels are in HD (BBC / ITV/C4/Ch5) although there is a quirk that C5 is free to watch in HD but you can only download catch up in SD

If  you are thinking of Essentials you may find it longterm more cost effective to get a dedicated Freesat 4K box  which will work with the wideband LNB that SKY Q uses

thewad
Topic Author
This message was authored by thewad This message was authored by: thewad

thank you 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion