Discussion topic: Re: Minibox - please check that your subscription entitles you to view this channel

This message was authored by Wendwil99 This message was authored by: Wendwil99

Re: Minibox - please check that your subscription entitles you to view this channel

Hi all

We are now in this horrendous loop after an engineers visit

Sky Engineer replaced a faulting mini box today (was getting hot and crashing every few days but was working could watch TV).

He installed a new box and paired and and it came up with the "please check that your subscription entitles you to view this channel"

He updated the software on it which seemed to go on for ever then had the support folks send the auth/card signal out again. TV still showing please check that your subscription entitles you to view this channel.

He then had to leave (without it working) but said the software update would fix it but if not he gave us the back end support number which turned out to be just the call centre. The box finished and rebooted after 20 mins and is still not working.

I'm now on my third call to support taking 10-15 minutes to explain slowly in great detail what the issue is, they cant find out postcode (nothing wrong with out postcode). It's like talking to another company that knows little about Sky TV.

The signal has been sent out twice now in the last couple of hours and the box limit seems to be the isse as we have a licence for 3 and I think this is trying to be the 4th as the old removed one possibly wasnt removed from the back end systems.

We are now being talked through rebooting all devices again which im sure wont work as this is what the engineer did and couldnt get the box to authorize.

What on earth is going on here this was a simple box swap now we have a new working box with no TV after actually having an engineer here today. Been on the phone to sky support (foreign call centre) for an hour. Really hard to understand whats being said both ways and having to go over the same simple problem over and over.

How do I get this escalated to the back end team that can tweak our box limit.

This is farcical we are having to explain the above story again and again. On 6th iteration now. "We had a mini box replaced today ............."

We were given a number by the engineer today that should have been the back end team that this fault would be escalated to anyway.

The engineer said it would need to be escalated anyway if the software update didnt fix it.

My calls should just be routed to back end for someone to fix this can anyone suggest how we do this without another hour on the phone explaining "an engineer swapped my mini box today and ............" .

Thanks

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Minibox - please check that your subscription entitles you to view this channel

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Wendwil99 I have escalated your post to Sky they may  contact you on here via speech bubble or email? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating this. We’ve sent an invite to chat.

This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Wendwil99 

An invite was sent but there was no response within 48 hours so it has automatically closed.

If you still need help with this please let us know by posting on the forum again and we will get it escalated through to us.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by pshores This message was authored by: pshores

Well after a 30 min call with Sky it seems that my main sky q box hadn't had a software update since it was installed about 4-5 years ago - all that it needed was an update from the settings screen which took about 25 mins - lots of updates presumably - and then turn off/on with the same at the mini boxes subsequently and all fixed!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion