Discussion topic: Q sky box remote

This message was authored by Jessicarebeca This message was authored by: Jessicarebeca

Q sky box remote

Hi my remote is not working and my sky q box  is not working 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Q sky box remote

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jessicarebeca 

Perhaps give us some details first but ultimately, after checking the basics, ie; fresh batteries, re-pairing etc if your Sky Q remote is definitely broken/faulty, if you follow this link it should allow you to do some more troubleshooting and then it’ll send you to a form to request a replacement (apparently this is not available to customers in the ROI).
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment#get-in-touch

It may be quicker to purchase a new remote from a retailer or larger supermarket. If you do that as well as the above you’ll have a spare.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Jessicarebeca wrote:

Hi my remote is not working and my sky q box  is not working 

Hi @Jessicarebeca 

Have you tried pressing the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the Q box.
If this turns the Q box on
Try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

Jessicarebeca
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jessicarebeca This message was authored by: Jessicarebeca

This is a new remote my old remote was broken and I throw it away and yesterday they send me another one and they took my q box like an exchange for the remote I throw it out and they said I need another q box and they provide another q box and new remote but is not working I think the remote because have battery but is not flashing red light on it when I press a button and q box is just showing red light and blue light in the middle button Q 

Jessicarebeca
Topic Author

Yes I have press all buttons

Jessicarebeca
Topic Author

I have pressed all the numbers 1/3 7/9 is flashing the red light on remote and rahat is 

@Jessicarebeca wrote:

This is a new remote my old remote was broken and I throw it away and yesterday they send me another one and they took my q box like an exchange for the remote I throw it out and they said I need another q box and they provide another q box and new remote but is not working I think the remote because have battery but is not flashing red light on it when I press a button and q box is just showing red light and blue light in the middle button Q 

Hi @Jessicarebeca 

the red led on remote will only flash when you press the Question mark button (?) or the Microphone button,   It does not flash for every button.

Jessicarebeca
Topic Author

image.jpg

Jessicarebeca
Topic Author

Hi @Jessicarebeca 

Work through the following link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on

If you have to order a new Q box this usually means a doorstep swap.
Don’t forget to keep your viewing card from the failed box if you order a replacement. Also if the box you are replacing is a 2TB there are two versions of power supply. One has a standard C7 (figure of eight) power lead socket in the back of the Q box. The other has a separate power supply. Although this still has the C7 power lead into the power supply there is a multi pin Din power socket in the Q box for connecting the power supply. Make sure that the replacement box has the power supply included if the Q box has the orange coded multi pin din socket in the back of the Q box. 

Jessicarebeca
Topic Author

How should I know this to guess? No body tell I don't know how to fix it 

Jessicarebeca
Topic Author

Hello can anybody help I unplugged all cable I have put it back is not doing nothing still the same as in the picture I sent remote not working and button with red flashing is not working when I press no button working 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion