Discussion topic: Problems with recordings.

This message was authored by pdunny This message was authored by: pdunny

Problems with recordings.

As far as I can tell this is only happening on Sky Sports. Tried to record a cricket match (Quarter Final). Went to play it and got nothing even though it said it had part recorded. It also said the recording was cancelled which it wasn't. Todays F1 first and second practice session came up as recorded but playback picture was stop start and the commentary dropped out after a few seconds. Followed instructions to reset the box on Sky help section but to no avail. Tried recording this evenings repeat FI practice programmes. Got the record symbol on screen in the TV section but recording didn't start and the red record symbol simply dropped out after a few seconds. The recording was shown in recordings although it wasn't recording. However if I selected to watch live via the recording section it worked ok. Just wouldn't play the recording itself. Not surprising really as there was no red light to say it was recording anyway. I tried two or three programmes on other channels and they worked ok. It's frustrating because I cannot watch the race live on Sunday and if this problem persists I won't have a recording to watch! When I checked how much we have used for recordings it's 18% so we are far from full. Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Re: Problems with recordings.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@pdunny wrote:

As far as I can tell this is only happening on Sky Sports. Tried to record a cricket match (Quarter Final). Went to play it and got nothing even though it said it had part recorded. It also said the recording was cancelled which it wasn't. Todays F1 first and second practice session came up as recorded but playback picture was stop start and the commentary dropped out after a few seconds. Followed instructions to reset the box on Sky help section but to no avail. Tried recording this evenings repeat FI practice programmes. Got the record symbol on screen in the TV section but recording didn't start and the red record symbol simply dropped out after a few seconds. The recording was shown in recordings although it wasn't recording. However if I selected to watch live via the recording section it worked ok. Just wouldn't play the recording itself. Not surprising really as there was no red light to say it was recording anyway. I tried two or three programmes on other channels and they worked ok. It's frustrating because I cannot watch the race live on Sunday and if this problem persists I won't have a recording to watch! When I checked how much we have used for recordings it's 18% so we are far from full. Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Hi @pdunny Try rebooting your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7 Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@pdunny wrote:

Hi @pdunny Try rebooting your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
pdunny
Topic Author
This message was authored by pdunny This message was authored by: pdunny

Thank you. Actually rebooted three times. Then reset router as well last night. Got up this morning and everything appears (fingers crossed) to be working ok.  Wondering if the hot weather was causing problems with the satellite although when I checked I couldn't see any service reports to that effect.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion