Discussion topic: Problems voice sync Sky Sports main event UHD

This message was authored by Chadrtc This message was authored by: Chadrtc

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

It's still like it, 5 days later and has been every time ive put the channel on. Its frankly a bit ridiculous.

This message was authored by DushmanH This message was authored by: DushmanH

Can confirm the above. Audio out of sync on sky sports main event uhd. 

This message was authored by Paz1479 This message was authored by: Paz1479

Same for me, when will sky fix this? It is spoiling my uhd viewing experience.  I just renewed my contract as well. Please fix this is it just a sky q problem or is it the same on sky stream? 

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Not noticed it as I watch it via Sky Sports F1 UHD

I have experienced it but not a big deal just pause for a millisecond and it corrects the issue for me but don't watch via Sky Sports Main Event as it's got a dedicated channel 

This message was authored by Brynsta This message was authored by: Brynsta

• Date & Time of the last time you experienced the issue: the entire Canadian Grand Prix 
  • What was being broadcast when you experienced the issue: Canadian Grand Prix on both Sky sports F1 UHD and Main event UHD
  • TV Make & Model: Samsung NU8000
  • Are you using TV Speakers or a sound system: Sound system
  • If you are using a sound system, what is it's make & model: Sonos Arc connected with eARC
  • Go to Settings > Setup > Audio Visual > What is your audio output setting set as: tried both normal and Dolby digital
  • If your audio output setting is set to some form of dolby, does this resolve if you change it to "Normal" does this resolve the lip sync issue: no 
This message was authored by JONBUTCH This message was authored by: JONBUTCH

Hi Sky just watching F1 in UHD and had no problems perfect

This message was authored by Chadrtc This message was authored by: Chadrtc

This thread is specifically about an issue with Main Event UHD, not F1 UHD. F1 UHD has been fine the whole time, Main Event has been an issue for weeks now.

This message was authored by JONBUTCH This message was authored by: JONBUTCH

OK thanks for that I didn't realise  it was main event I apologise 

This message was authored by Brynsta This message was authored by: Brynsta

Not entirely sure who this was directed at? 

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes I noticed that again on the F1 race especially when the interviews were taking place

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chadrtc wrote:

This thread is specifically about an issue with Main Event UHD, not F1 UHD. F1 UHD has been fine the whole time, Main Event has been an issue for weeks now.

Fair comment @Chadrtc seeing as Sky Sports Main Event shows F1, Football, Tennis, Golf, Cricket Darts, Rugby .

If you don't have Sky Sports Complete then Sky Sports Main Event isn't available?

This message was authored by Paz1479 This message was authored by: Paz1479

Think it looks better this morning skysports uhd lip sync. Just watching watching good morning euros on 401. 

This message was authored by CambridgeTom This message was authored by: CambridgeTom

That isn't a live UHD broadcast mate. It's the usual HD feed from the SSN channel played on the UHD channel, upscaled at their end. I maybe wrong but pretty sure the issue occurs on a genuine live UHD broadcast. There's alot of fake UHD on the sports channels unfortunately.

This message was authored by Moonglum99 This message was authored by: Moonglum99

Out of sync on US open at the moment, looked like it was better but not perfect for the tennis earlier in the day..

SSN has been out of sync on main event for me but I didn't catch it today, so I have just been watching it on the dedicated channel as its too distracting otherwise.

This message was authored by st3velj This message was authored by: st3velj

Hi, I've spoken to sky on the phone and am talking to their help on Twitter now. They are aware of the problem and are trying to get it sorted. Let's hope they do ay 🤞🤞🤞

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion