Discussion topic: Problems voice sync Sky Sports main event UHD

This message was authored by Mirfieldbull This message was authored by: Mirfieldbull

Problems voice sync Sky Sports main event UHD

Hi

interested if anyone else has the same issue and more importantly how they fixed it.

on sky sports main event uhd, watching sky sports news last night there was a very noticeable voice sync issue. This was apparent both on my surround sound system and the tv speakers. 
adjusting the time delay didn't resolve the issue.

I tuned into other channels and there were no issues. This morning looked at sky sports F1 uhd, no issues. Sky sports news on 409 no issues.

I rebooted Sky box and tv but still problem apparent.

the sound setting is Dolby digital, switch that off and the problem went away, but obviously lose sound quality.

interested if anyone else has noticed the problem ( it started yesterday!) and if they have suggestions how to resolve it.

thanks in advance for responses

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel-F This message was authored by: Daniel-F Answer

Re: Problems voice sync Sly Sports main event UHD

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience on the Sky Sports Main Event UHD lip sync issues.

If you are still finding this issue is happening I'd like you to give me the following information.

• Date & Time of the last time you experienced the issue:
  • What was being broadcast when you experienced the issue:
  • TV Make & Model:
  • Are you using TV Speakers or a sound system:
  • If you are using a sound system, what is it's make & model:
  • Go to Settings > Setup > Audio Visual > What is your audio output setting set as:
  • If your audio output setting is set to some form of dolby, does this resolve if you change it to "Normal" does this resolve the lip sync issue:

Marking this as the best answer (for now) just to bring the post to top of the thread for new visitors.

Thanks,

Daniel
Community Moderator

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

Yes I indeed had the same issue and it was rather annoying 

This message was authored by MattParfitt This message was authored by: MattParfitt

Yes same for me too.  Only channel that this is happening on.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

So many issues on Sky q at present. It feels that they are trying to get people onto glass or stream

I spoke to the executive team to complain about all my issues that have been happening for over 3 years, and at present there is either no fix, or they can't do it

1. downloading issues - they have said it is an issue but can't be fixed at present

2. Pixelation

3. black screen problems

This message was authored by AlexSimmo This message was authored by: AlexSimmo

Hi,

Did anyone solve this issue? I've just noticed exactly the same thing happening with Sky Sports Main Event (UHD). All other channels are fine but the lip sync on this channel is out?

Thanks,

Alex

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, I noticed that yesterday on the Sky Sports main event uhd channel yesterday.
All other Sports channels were fine.

Would suggest sending an email to the Sky Viewer relations team to report it;
ViewerR@sky.uk
They do respond to emails with any updates for your queries or problems.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by AlexSimmo This message was authored by: AlexSimmo

Ok, will do.

Many thanks 👍

I noticed it the other day. It does it frequently on this channel

This message was authored by Paz1479 This message was authored by: Paz1479

Sky sports uhd channel 401

Hi, since last night watching the live cricket in uhd, the sound was out of sync with the presenters speaking before and after the match. I had the issue only on this channel 401 in uhd. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky sports uhd channel 401

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Paz1479 

Would suggest sending an email to the Sky Viewer relations team to report it;
ViewerR@sky.uk
They do respond to emails with any updates for your queries or problems

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

Thanks @lettice just done that. See what sky relations come back with. Hope thry can fix it before the premier League weekend starts again. 

@Paz1479 Do keep us posted if you can. I know I have told them this issue in the past, but it looks like nothing has changed. I have had engineers and several new boxes. It might just have to do with being a UHD channel

It was working fine up till yesterday. Like it was working well when the football season started lip sync was correct. There video production  team must have added some extra video processing. And it is causing this lip sync issue.  On that channel other uhd channels working fine. Like when you press select when the uhd pop comes on.

For me, it hasn't been working for several days!! 

This message was authored by RickyB This message was authored by: RickyB

Hi I have noticed this over the last couple of days watching the cricket, tried all the usual stuff but only on 401, if you select 404 and switch to UHD its fine. Very strange. Did anyone get in sorted?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion