Discussion topic: Price increaee

This message was authored by 0ldMan68 This message was authored by: 0ldMan68

Price increaee

So just recently I negotiated a price for broadband of 25 for 18 months and have 12 months to go, I have now been told that it will increase from £25 to £29 in April! An immediate £4 increase is not acceptable especially in the current climate, can I cancel my contract due to this increase? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Price increaee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@0ldMan68 
There is an annual price increase as of April 1st, the same as previous years. It’s allowed through your terms and conditions which you’ve agreed to and all customers will be affected. Sky can increase prices once in any 12 month period. Your contract is not a fixed price but your discounts are. If you haven’t received it yet you’ll get an email or letter by the 23 March outlining the increases and your options (normally allowed to cancel BB penalty free but not TV). 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@0ldMan68 You can probably cancel your broadband due to the price rise but I don't think you can cancel your TV contract.

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
0ldMan68
Topic Author
This message was authored by 0ldMan68 This message was authored by: 0ldMan68

But for that price I could get 150mbps from many different providers but sky wont increase my mbps as well as increasing my price I'm sure but they should do because the price they are going to be charging and the speed they are delivering will be below the national average which would make their "Super fast fibre broadband" over priced especially as I currently only get 38mbps wifi speed!!

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

@0ldMan68 wrote:

But for that price I could get 150mbps from many different providers but sky wont increase my mbps as well as increasing my price I'm sure but they should do because the price they are going to be charging and the speed they are delivering will be below the national average which would make their "Super fast fibre broadband" over priced especially as I currently only get 38mbps wifi speed!!

@0ldMan68  move to a different ISP then..

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion