Discussion topic: Picture keep cutting out

This message was authored by Adrian+Parton This message was authored by: Adrian+Parton

Picture keep cutting out

My sky q box picture cuts out intermittently for 1-2 seconds every 10 minutes or so.

This happens with live tv and recordings so I cannot watch a 1 hour programme without interruptions at least 6 times.

I have reset the box a few times but the problem persists.

The box also gets very hot.

I have tried over channels and streams on the tv and there are fine.

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Picture keep cutting out

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adrian+Parton wrote:

My sky q box picture cuts out intermittently for 1-2 seconds every 10 minutes or so.

This happens with live tv and recordings so I cannot watch a 1 hour programme without interruptions at least 6 times.

Hi @Adrian+Parton 

Assume the Q box is well ventilated and not stacked with other devices?

If the issue continues best to contact Sky for an Engineer

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Adrian+Parton wrote:

Hi @Adrian+Parton 

Assume the Q box is well ventilated and not stacked with other devices?

If the issue continues best to contact Sky for an Engineer

This message was authored by Clair+Soan This message was authored by: Clair+Soan

Hi, did you resolve this issue? We are experiencing exactly the same thing on our Sky Q box. Only seems to happen on main box and not on the minis.

This message was authored by nickt99 This message was authored by: nickt99

Exactly the same issue for a few weeks now - had Sky out changed box yesterday and guess what still doing it today!!!

There was a system update a while back so perhaps to do with that but either way this feels like the same situation a couple of years backs with sound drop outs that Sky never accepted responsibility for and hundreds complained and eventually it just suddenly stopped can only hope this is this same but it's ridiculous we have to accept this sub standard service for the price we pay 

This message was authored by Julie51 This message was authored by: Julie51

I've been having exactly the same problem. Also a problem when watching Netflix or prime saying there's an issue with my streaming device. Seems the problem is Sky q main box as there is no problem with mini box or watching via the smart Tv via internet (have no tv aerial so can't watch Freeview) 

main TV is also a smart Toshiba 

Any advice/suggestions? 
Trying to get any help from sky is pointless and at point of cancelling all contracts (phone, broadband, tv, mobile) as it seems overpriced compared to other providers. Sad as I have been with them for almost 20yrs. No prizes for loyalty these days!!!! 

This message was authored by Mark182004 This message was authored by: Mark182004

Guess what the sound drop outs are back since the latest update. It must all be related to the latest software...

This message was authored by Cindy5 This message was authored by: Cindy5

I have turned box off but did not help picture just goes and get a blue screen 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion