Discussion topic: Our Sky Q remote control is worn out. How do we order a replacement?

This message was authored by MikeJill16 This message was authored by: MikeJill16

Our Sky Q remote control is worn out. How do we order a replacement?

Our sky Q remote control is worn out with various buttons not working. We need a replacement.

I have tried searching for help, keep getting referred to help guides that are no help and wasted loads of time with the virtual assistant that is a great example of artificial unintelligence.

All we need is an email address, phone number or form to request a replacement remote control!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: Our Sky Q remote control is worn out. How do we order a replacement?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MikeJill16 wrote:

Thanks

Its certain buttons, notably the 0 that are just worn out.

On the basis that when we gave up multiscreen (trying to reduce costs) Sky insisted we return the remote, surely they should replace it?

Hi @MikeJill16 

As already posted there is a form to replace your remote (free of charge) unless you are in ROI.

Check the following link and it will lead to a form for a replacement remote.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@MikeJill16 
After checking the basics, ie; fresh batteries, re-pairing etc if your Sky Q remote is definitely broken/faulty, if you follow this link it should allow you to do some more troubleshooting and then it’ll send you to a form to request a replacement (apparently this is not available to customers in the ROI).
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment#get-in-touch

(It might be quicker to purchase a new one from a retailer / main supermarket. If you do that as well you’ll always have a spare).

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
MikeJill16
Topic Author
This message was authored by MikeJill16 This message was authored by: MikeJill16

Thanks

On the basis that when we gave up multiscreen (trying to reduce costs) Sky insisted we return the remote, surely they should replace it?

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

@MikeJill16 wrote:

Thanks

Hi @MikeJill16 

As already posted there is a form to replace your remote (free of charge) unless you are in ROI.

Check the following link and it will lead to a form for a replacement remote.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/lost-stolen-damaged-sky-q-equipment

This message was authored by Des74 This message was authored by: Des74

I know this is an old thread but it doesn't matter if you're in the UK  or ROI as I am and have received a free replacement already. Now I need one for my mini box and have applied for one.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion