Discussion topic: Open Golf 2024 UHD

This message was authored by MikeySti This message was authored by: MikeySti

Open Golf 2024 UHD

How come the first day of The Open is not in UHD currently, despite it being listed as such?

All Replies

This message was authored by johnwestgate This message was authored by: johnwestgate

Re: Open Golf 2024 UHD

Same question from me. Are Sky trying to resolve the sound dropping out on uhd main event ?

This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @MikeySti   Try asking viewer relations by emailing viewerR@sky.uk It may help other users if you report what they say.

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@MikeySti wrote:

How come the first day of The Open is not in UHD currently, despite it being listed as such?

@MikeySti  as far as I'm aware the Open golf has never been broadcast in UHD.

Its listed as being on SkySpME UHD but like some other sports on this channel, it doesn't mean its native UHD but upscaled at best.

Generally only football, F1 and cricket * (as is now on red button on ch404) is native UHD/HDR.

* and occasionally sports like Darts

Ps. Personally I would love to see golf in uhd/hdr as the long range camera shots from above would benefit from the increased clarity of 4k.

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion