Discussion topic: Old viewing card

This message was authored by GeeCrick74 This message was authored by: GeeCrick74

Old viewing card

I have recently rejoined sky after a year somewhere  else. I recieved all the new kit within days but whilst waiting for my new viewing card will my old card work ?

G.C

Best Answers
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

Re: Old viewing card

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GeeCrick74 wrote:

I went to Virgin for a year (big mistake). The  original Sky dish stayed up and they just posted me a new Q box and router when I rejoined. I will try the old card and see what happens. 👍

@GeeCrick74 if you had Sky Q prior to moving to Virgin then yes your old card will work

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@GeeCrick74Probably assuming you previously had Q if not then I believe only HD cards that have a 7, I can't remember 1st or last digit work with Q.

It will do no harm to try.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

@GeeCrick74 wrote:
  • I have recently rejoined sky after a year somewhere  else. I recieved all the new kit within days but whilst waiting for my new viewing card will my old card work ?

Hi @GeeCrick74  I presume your new kit would be a broadband router, as your SKYQ TV box will be delivered by a SKY engineer who install the box together with a new dish if needed, if you do not recieve a new viewing card the engineer will usually have spares with him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

@Quoman7 wrote:

@GeeCrick74 wrote:
  • I have recently rejoined sky after a year somewhere  else. I recieved all the new kit within days but whilst waiting for my new viewing card will my old card work ?

Hi @GeeCrick74  I presume your new kit would be a broadband router, as your SKYQ TV box will be delivered by a SKY engineer who install the box together with a new dish if needed, if you do not recieve a new viewing card the engineer will usually have spares with him.

@GeeCrick74   If you only left Sky about a year ago and had Q they often just send out the Q box and assume that you have the viewing card BUT if you changed to freeview etc and used the dish then the Q box will not work and Sky will need to come out and change the LNB in the box back to a Q one. This does not apply if you went to Virgin as they don't use the dish.

GeeCrick74
Topic Author
This message was authored by GeeCrick74 This message was authored by: GeeCrick74

I went to Virgin for a year (big mistake). The  original Sky dish stayed up and they just posted me a new Q box and router when I rejoined. I will try the old card and see what happens. 👍

G.C
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1 Answer

@GeeCrick74 wrote:

@GeeCrick74 if you had Sky Q prior to moving to Virgin then yes your old card will work

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
GeeCrick74
Topic Author

Can confirm, the old sky viewing card is working fine. 👍😀

G.C

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion