Discussion topic: Non Stacking of Recordings - Better but not solved!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Dorcas+keery This message was authored by: Dorcas+keery

Re: Non Stacking of Recordings - Better but not solved!

@Kirsty+S27 here is a list of programmes so far I have found with no thumbnails and data

SUNDAY 5TH FEB, BBC1

SUNDAY WITH LAURA

SONGS OF PRAISE

YOUNG MASTERCHEF

SERGENTI III

MONDAY 6TH FEB, BBC1

24/7 PET HOSPITAL

DOCTORS 

POINTLESS

AMBULANCE

TUESDAY 7TH FEB, BBC1

HOMES UNDER THE HAMMER

BARGAIN HUNT

NEWS AT ONE

DOCTORS

SORT YOUR LIFE OUT

UTV

MARTIN LEWIS MONEY

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

@Dorcas+keery wrote:

@Kirsty+S27here is a list of programmes so far I have found with no thumbnails and data

SUNDAY 5TH FEB, BBC1

SUNDAY WITH LAURA

SONGS OF PRAISE

YOUNG MASTERCHEF

SERGENTI III

MONDAY 6TH FEB, BBC1

24/7 PET HOSPITAL

DOCTORS 

POINTLESS

AMBULANCE

TUESDAY 7TH FEB, BBC1

HOMES UNDER THE HAMMER

BARGAIN HUNT

NEWS AT ONE

DOCTORS

SORT YOUR LIFE OUT

UTV

MARTIN LEWIS MONEY

Same and it's all scheduled episodes of doctors bbc with no thumbnails wish someone from sky would comment on here thanks 

@Chloe-W22  @Kirsty+S27 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

@Dorcas+keery wrote:

@Chloe-W22 just to let you know I have missing Thumbnails for every channel for next Saturday and Sunday, it seemed to to fine there for awhile but now it back to the missing thumbnails again please can you look into it please 

@Chloe-W22 wrote:

I just wanted to mention the current fix in place covers a rolling 24 hour broadcast window across all third parties, the further fix that is planned will cover the full rolling 7 day window which is why you might still see missing data in the next 2, 3 or 4 days etc.

Hey everyone,

I need to pop back on here to re-emphasize the message above that the current 'fix' we have in place only looks for data within a 24-hour rolling window therefore if you see blank thumbnails over 24 hours into the future this is not included in these changes that were made that improved the stacking.

I acknowledge the replies you have made regarding recordings not stacking in your planner this week and continue to share these with the relevant teams regularly. We've certainly made huge improvements since this first became apparant but there are still some instances where programmes slip through the net.

Thanks again for the examples,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by s...... This message was authored by: s......

@Chloe-W22  

Thank you for the update Chloe ... it's good to have you back on here 

Please keep  us in formed with regular updates as before ... even if there is nothing to report  of any significance, it just stops us feeling that we are blowing aimlessly in the wind 

All your above  comments have been noted.  
I have been informed by the Executive Team of the procedure 

My planner has been sanitised by me, deleting problem recordings as I discussed in my post 116

I  now await future programmes to now record,   if there are blank tiles I will  ollow their progress to the  24 hour window  period where they should 'change'  by producing a tile and stack in the correct order and in one place.

Hope my understanding is correct 

Many thanks 

This message was authored by s...... This message was authored by: s......

@Chloe-W22  

Here is an update on this evenings latest  recordings that have failed to record correctly  ..

After the fix you mentioned in your latest  post emphasising  waiting for the 24hr window prior to the next recordings that are scheduled 

ITV HD (103)

Coronation St

Emmerdale

BBC 1 London (101)

Eastenders

all tiles were present,  but they have all stacked in a new column under 'other' ... 

Please look into it ... it is still not working correctly  

Please note 

I do not have ANY OTHER recordings of these series anywhere on my Qbox ... They were all watched and permanently deleted, with exception of one episode of each from last week to test the tile and stacking issues 

8C2494EE-6EB2-4F3E-956E-1D072DE80085.jpeg

B1813E88-04B8-42AA-A923-B3F8BE4E9A1E.jpeg

99280315-6C0A-499F-AB6F-6E3F6521DF14.jpeg

This message was authored by Paula+R This message was authored by: Paula+R

Is there any update on this? Things seemed to be getting better then this week Eastenders stacked, but on different tabs. Seems so close to being sorted but yet so far...

This message was authored by 1Anonymous1 This message was authored by: 1Anonymous1

This message was authored by hammerjeff This message was authored by: hammerjeff

much improved over the last couple of weeks however the OTHER TAB has started to appear again this week.Also series linked programmes,well one actually,Classic Coronation Street on ITV 3 seems to skip recording odd episodes.It's two episodes a day,today the first one recorded but the second one had started but noticed the red recording light wasn't on so had to manually record.Explains when viewing previous episodes there are things that I seemed to have missed due to the fact an episode hasn't recorded.

This message was authored by Test+Man This message was authored by: Test+Man

I concur, @s...... .  Emmerdale's Wed and Thurs episodes from last week were stacked under "Other" in the Emmerdale stack, and the rest of the episodes that week (including the Friday one) was stacked under "series 52" (IIRC).

This message was authored by timm999 This message was authored by: timm999

Have been lurking on the other thread for months and finally felt the need to register to add our voice to this. The issue has NOT been resolved as people have reported here. Eastenders still ends up not stacking and it's driving the Mrs round the bend. Then you email today to tell us that you want an extra £6 a month... for a system that simply doesn't work. Don't get me onto how flakey the Sky Q mini boxes are. The whole service needs an overall but first things first, sort out the stacked recordings!!! Historically the Sky interface, scheduler and recording was market leading and you need to restore it to that place.

This message was authored by Paula+R This message was authored by: Paula+R

Yep, the price increases are actually laughable. They should be refunding us for the mess we have had to put up with for months and months now

wkeith
Topic Author
This message was authored by wkeith This message was authored by: wkeith

Looks like we are off to Virgin at end of March when contract ends.   Interface more like SKY plus which is probably a good thing and it records when you want it to and recordings are in right order.  

SONOS soundbar, Virgin V6 x2 , Superhub 3 in modem mode, Eero pro x 2 and 3 x Eero
wkeith
Topic Author
This message was authored by wkeith This message was authored by: wkeith

I suspect management don't care about recording.  They want users on streaming so they can bin satellite and set top recorders

SONOS soundbar, Virgin V6 x2 , Superhub 3 in modem mode, Eero pro x 2 and 3 x Eero
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Good afternoon everyone,

The 7-day rolling change I mentioned previously in this thread was implemented last week and since then we haven't identified any errors with blank tiles causing recordings not to stack.

The majority of reports we're seeing now are from errors in the EPG, different images, wrong episode numbers etc and there are multiple factors that have always caused this to happen such as the time we received this information from 3rd parties, ingesting this into our systems and also as simple as human error but these won't impact you're viewing - if this changes please let us know.

I've sent examples of the 'Other' folder re-appearing and will continue to share these if reports increase again. Incorrect images, synopsis', episode numbers etc should be directed to the Viewer Relations team; ViewerR@sky.uk where they'll also escalate faults appropriately.

Thanks again for your continued comments on this thread,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by AnytimePlus+On+VM This message was authored by: AnytimePlus+On+VM

@Chloe-W22 

We haven't had stacking issues since the initial "fix" last year.  However, on Saturday, the final of the Masked Singer (ITV1) didn't stack.

The meta-data for it is wrong, it's listed as "series 3, espisode 21", but it's "series 4, episode 8", however it should still have stacked,

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion