Discussion topic: No sound after pausing

This message was authored by Sharon_31 This message was authored by: Sharon_31

No sound after pausing

While watching live TV if it's paused even for a few minutes, when I then press play again there is no sound. I have to come out of the Programme and go back in for the sound to come back

Best Answers
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Re: No sound after pausing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sharon_31 wrote:

While watching live TV if it's paused even for a few minutes, when I then press play again there is no sound. I have to come out of the Programme and go back in for the sound to come back

Hi @Sharon_31 

Try a Reset Settings in the Q box hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
If you cannot switch the Q box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Resetting the settings will also reset:

Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control
Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, include LNB type. If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sharon_31 wrote:

Hi @Sharon_31 

Try a Reset Settings in the Q box hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Only Carry out the first Reset (Reset Settings) as the other two will wipe all recordings.
After the Reset you will have to re pair your Bluetooth remote If you use one.
If you cannot switch the Q box on with the remote after the Reset press the Standby button (Amber led) on the front of the box.
To re pair the remote press 1 & 3 together on the remote and follow onscreen instructions to re pair.

Make sure that you are pointing the remote at the Q box when you press 1 & 3 together.

Resetting the settings will also reset:

Audio visual settings, such as picture resolution and HDMI control
Settings changed within the hidden engineer menu, include LNB type. If on a communal dish you need to reset the LNB to SCR in the hidden menu. After changing the LNB type you need to reboot the Q box.

Sharon_31
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sharon_31 This message was authored by: Sharon_31

Brilliant, so far so good!! Cheers! 🙂 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion