Discussion topic: No signal

This message was authored by Collllllllll This message was authored by: Collllllllll

No signal

We have the full sky package but recently changed our broadband provider to Virgin.    We can watch all our channels on tv but when we go on to the movie channels it is saying no satellite signal.   

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: No signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Collllllllll 

There's no connection to your change in broadband provider.

If a message displays “no satellite signal” firstly check that the connections from the Sky dish going into the back of your Sky Q box are still finger tight. Otherwise it’s likely to be a dish alignment issue so check the troubleshooting in this link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-tv-no-satellite-signal-sky-q
It may then give you the opportunity to arrange an engineer to check the alignment of your dish. If it doesn’t you’ll need to contact Sky to book an engineer appointment.

If you are connected to a communal dish you need to liaise with your building management company / landlord who will have their approved engineers to contact.

Remember, a misalignment is not necessarily something that will be visible to the naked eye and could only affect one or two channels.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Collllllllll
Topic Author
This message was authored by Collllllllll This message was authored by: Collllllllll

Thank you, it's just strange as it's only the movies we have lost the signal on

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Collllllllll wrote:

Thank you, it's just strange as it's only the movies we have lost the signal on

It's a coincidence- the movie channels are often the first to be impacted by alignment issues.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion