Discussion topic: No satellite

This message was authored by Planey This message was authored by: Planey

No satellite

I have no satellite signal on my TV so I cannot watch any channels. It came on after an hour and a half and stayed on until i turned it off to go to bed. And then by morning it was off again. The satellite itself if fine when I've looked, I've pushed in cables, checked and still made no difference.  

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: No satellite

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Possibly a faulty LNB (the bit on the arm of the dish where the cables connect) especially if it's more than 5 years or so old. It could also be a cable problem, or less likely, your Sky box has developed a fault. 

Sky no longer provide engineer support for Sky+ equipment (unless you have Sky Protect) so you would need to engage a local satellite installer to come and take a look.

Alternatively you might want to consider upgrading to Sky Q - the dish etc will be checked as part of the installation at no additional cost to you.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Please Note: Sky+ is now a legacy service that Sky are winding down

"No Satellite Signal" is an error generated by your Sky box, it has nothing to do with broadband (Internet connectivity) and usually indicates an issue with one or more of the following:

• The Dish is misaligned (not all transponders are getting through, thus some channels may be affected and others not)
• The Tuners in the sky box
• The input sockets on the Sky box
• The plugs on the cables
• The cables themselves
• The Sockets on the dishes LNB
• The dishes LNB has gone faulty for the connections the box is using
• You have plugged your Sky+ box into a dish that is only compatible with Sky Q

You may have to call out a local satellite installer, unless you have Sky Protect insurance, to check/fix your system, another option is to move to Sky Q, as during the move all issues will be resolved as part of the install, there is also the option of Sky Glass or Sky Stream, if you want to move away from satellite TV and use the Internet

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
Planey
Topic Author
This message was authored by Planey This message was authored by: Planey

@Mark39 I've recently had a sky Q box . It's so strange it came back on and then stayed off again . I don't even know where to start. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Planey You posted in the Sky+ forum, so that was the basis of my reply. I'll move the thread to the Sky Q forum.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Planey 

If a message is displaying ”No signal” it tends to be from your TV (in which case check the HDMI cable between the Sky Q box and your TV).

Any “no satellite signal” message relates to your Sky box.

Whenever a “no satellite signal” message is displayed firstly check that the connections from the Sky dish going into the back of your Sky Q box are still finger tight. Also check out the troubleshooting on this link
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-tv-no-satellite-signal-sky-q
It may then give you the opportunity to arrange an engineer to check the alignment of your dish.

It’s not necessarily something that will be visible to the naked eye and could only affect one or two channels. If you’re on a communal dish you may initially need to liaise with your landlord or building management company.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion