Discussion topic: No HDMI output and Red Record light on

This message was authored by walking+footie This message was authored by: walking+footie

No HDMI output and Red Record light on

My SkyQ box has decided to stop sending an HDMI signal to the TV and the red recording light remains on. I have tried resetting the box but without any screen it is difficult to do much at the moment. The HDMI cable and tv work perfectly when I connect the skyHD+ box but of course cannot see anything as the card is for the SKYQ box. The hand control is also now not operating the skyQ box even after resetting it. Any ideas? Can I get my card changed so I can revert back to sky HD+ box that works perfectly?

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: No HDMI output and Red Record light on

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You'll need to contact Sky and probably arrange an engineer.

They are extremely unlikely to provide a card for legacy hardware now.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@walking+footie wrote:

My SkyQ box has decided to stop sending an HDMI signal to the TV and the red recording light remains on. I have tried resetting the box but without any screen it is difficult to do much at the moment. The HDMI cable and tv work perfectly when I connect the skyHD+ box but of course cannot see anything as the card is for the SKYQ box. The hand control is also now not operating the skyQ box even after resetting it. Any ideas? Can I get my card changed so I can revert back to sky HD+ box that works perfectly?

@walking+footie even if you got a crd to work in your Sky+ box it still wouldn't work as Sky Q uses a different LNB to Sky+ boxes 

If your Q box is playing up and not working give Sky a call and get an engineer to look at the box if its faulty it will be replaced FOC as Sky own all the boxes so must replace them if faulty

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@walking+footie wrote:

Hi @walking+footie 

Work through the following link.  If you cannot solve your issue it will lead to a conclusion.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-q-box-wont-turn-on-v2#:~:text=Restart%20your%20Sky%20Q%20box,b... 

walking+footie
Topic Author
This message was authored by walking+footie This message was authored by: walking+footie

Many thanks for all your help. I have now got the skyq box to work.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion