Discussion topic: New sky Q box has flashing red light and wont connect to the network

This message was authored by Keith2024 This message was authored by: Keith2024

New sky Q box has flashing red light and wont connect to the network

I've been having issues for over a month.

Firstly the WiFi stopped working  then the q box stopped connecting to the modem.

Engineer came out replaced the modem and added a booster but the q box still didn't connect. After a few days of phone calls they replaced the q box too and while that resolved it for a while less than a week later  the q box is no longer connecting to the modem (with booster) 

Tonight after trying to reset the network connection the Box has a red flashing light on it .

We pay a lot if money for sky service (they recently jacked  up the prices again) but it's been nothing but hassle. 

Really disappointed and frustrated. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: New sky Q box has flashing red light and wont connect to the network

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Keith2024 wrote:

I've been having issues for over a month.

Firstly the WiFi stopped working  then the q box stopped connecting to the modem.

Engineer came out replaced the modem and added a booster but the q box still didn't connect. After a few days of phone calls they replaced the q box too and while that resolved it for a while less than a week later  the q box is no longer connecting to the modem (with booster) 

Tonight after trying to reset the network connection the Box has a red flashing light on it .

We pay a lot if money for sky service (they recently jacked  up the prices again) but it's been nothing but hassle. 

Really disappointed and frustrated. 

Hi @Keith2024 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on, do the same with any Mini boxes?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
Keith2024
Topic Author
This message was authored by Keith2024 This message was authored by: Keith2024

Re: New sky Q box has flashing red light and wont connect to the network

Thanks for the response @Quoman7 ,

I had done this yesterday, and it worked for a while. But it disconnected last night again and that's

When the red light started.

That been said, I've done it again this morning  and it's connected for a few hours (but it still drops and reconnects every few minutes. ) 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion