Discussion topic: Remote wasnt responding so I pressed 7 and 9, then 1and3, it's not responding

This message was authored by Deankm This message was authored by: Deankm

Remote wasnt responding so I pressed 7 and 9, then 1and3, it's not responding

Hi, my remote wasn't working to full capacity so I pressed 7+9 then 1+3, the remote stopped responding altogether, anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to be without a tv for the whole Easter weekend and school holidays 🙃 thanks 

All Replies

This message was authored by Graybags This message was authored by: Graybags

Re: Remote wasnt responding so I pressed 7 and 9, then 1and3, it's not responding

As a workaround you can use the remote control icon in the top right hand corner of the Sky Go app

Deankm
Topic Author

Re: Remote wasnt responding so I pressed 7 and 9, then 1and3, it's not responding

Good idea, however I just checked and I don't seem to have the remote control icon on my sky go app 😑, maybe I can screen share if need be 

Screenshot_2024-03-27-09-10-37-92_c4b685404f4783a2c1a05b9cde62ba23.jpg

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Deankm wrote:

Good idea, however I just checked and I don't seem to have the remote control icon on my sky go app 😑, maybe I can screen share if need be 

Hi @Deankm 

Is your Phone an Apple device?

The remote App is not yet available for Android devices.

@Deankm wrote:

Hi, my remote wasn't working to full capacity so I pressed 7+9 then 1+3, the remote stopped responding altogether, anyone have any suggestions? I don't want to be without a tv for the whole Easter weekend and school holidays 🙃 thanks 

Hi @Deankm 

Did the remote led flash 4 times when you pressed and held 7 & 9 together?

Try rebooting your Q box again.

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

When the box is back up and running 

Try completly resetting your Bluetooth remote again.
Press and hold 7 & 9 together on the remote until it’s led flashes four times.
Then make sure that you are pointing your remote at the Q box and press 1 & 3 together until the remote led flashes and follow onscreen instructions to re- pair.

This message was authored by Pepa.Dimova This message was authored by: Pepa.Dimova

hi cannot connect my tv to internet

Deankm
Topic Author

Ah that must be the problem, I have Android 

Deankm
Topic Author

Hi Iv just tried your suggestion, the standby on the remote doesn't work so I pressed the box then unplugged and fallowed your instructions, still not responding, the led flashed on the remote when I press 7+9, and 1+3 but it still doesn't seem to pair the box

This message was authored by Ttt43 This message was authored by: Ttt43

I am having same issue , switching of , resetting using 001 , trying 7 / 9 but nothing , however remote from another box in home is working but does not work volume. .. any ideas , is it a new remote I need ? Oh and new batteries were used 

This message was authored by Pepa.Dimova This message was authored by: Pepa.Dimova

@Deankm wrote:

Hi Iv just tried your suggestion, the standby on the remote doesn't work so I pressed the box then unplugged and fallowed your instructions, still not responding, the led flashed on the remote when I press 7+9, and 1+3 but it still doesn't seem to pair the box

Hi @Deankm 

The Q box needs to be on with green led when you reset the Remote.

Switch it on using the Standby button on the box (Amber led)

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion