Discussion topic: New recorded programme showing Continue not Play - bug?

This message was authored by greg500 This message was authored by: greg500

New recorded programme showing Continue not Play - bug?

Hi,

I've come across a few programmes I've schedule that when I go into Recordings it shows as Continue as the first option not Play even though I have not watched any part of the programme.  Any idea why this happens?

I would say the majority of programmes do show the first option as Play as I would expect this to happen but just wondering why the Continue option is showing.  I am aware I can move along to the 'Watch from start' option but just seems strange this happens.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

All Replies

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: New recorded programme showing Continue not Play - bug?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

hi @greg500 

This can happen if you channel hop through channels as, sometimes, even the briefest show of the channel being recorded can trigger the setting of last watched point.

As you say,  you should get a Watch from start option fro any that have the last watched marker set

BTW in case you don't know and you do start watching part way through you can use the voice caommand 'Go to Start' 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes, this has been an annoyance on Sky Q. Often, see this Myself on new unlatched recordings

Agree, should show play correctly, if unwatched.

It has been flagged over the years, but has gone unnoticed.

Its all we have been told to do with how some channel sets flag the recordings,from a schedule/ series link, that may be in your recordings or the deleted folder or from past use.

But, agree it's occasionally flagged wrongly.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream with two pucks (Former Sky Q and Sky+ customer), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

greg500
Topic Author
This message was authored by greg500 This message was authored by: greg500

Thanks both for your replies, I guess (again) it's just one of those things we have to put up with.

I've also noticed that at times the opposite happens where a recording will show Continue instead of Play (which is not an available option) and when Continue is selected it starts at the beginning of the scheduled recording. 

Anyway, at least there are workarounds but does seem a bit of a mess.. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion