Discussion topic: Network reconnect option.

This message was authored by Gauntlet-Guy This message was authored by: Gauntlet-Guy

Network reconnect option.

For the love of GOD sky please can we have a network reset option on the Q that doesn't involve a full reset, rejoin and keying in the password. 

your boxes are rubbish constantly losing connection between each other and the WiFi. And they won't rejoin with out an as if firt time re set process.  

if you cat tell I'm tired of it and spending an hour running up and down the stairs every time I want to use the multi room service I pay you for!!!!! 

better yet can you get virgin to run a cable from the St to my house. I'd rather change to a good provider! 

Best Answers
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

Re: Network reconnect option.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Gauntlet-Guy wrote: 

better yet can you get virgin to run a cable from the St to my house. I'd rather change to a good provider! 

Switching ISP won't help connectivity between Q television boxes because that doesn't use WiFi from a non-Sky router.

Have you reported the issue to Sky and (hopefully) been offered a Q booster?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood Answer

@Gauntlet-Guy wrote: 

Switching ISP won't help connectivity between Q television boxes because that doesn't use WiFi from a non-Sky router.

Have you reported the issue to Sky and (hopefully) been offered a Q booster?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Gauntlet-Guy
Topic Author
This message was authored by Gauntlet-Guy This message was authored by: Gauntlet-Guy

I'm using Vodafone fiber, as the sky internet speeds (no fiber option) are dismal. 

im running an ASUs AX82u gaming router. 

the ONLY device that has an issue with my wifi is the sky boxes. 

it's not my wifi. I don't need a booster. I'm not looking to change IPS just ditch the dreadful sky q box's for TV. 

the mini will drop connection the the main Q. 
typically when trying to get it to join back. The q will drop connection to the WiFi. Because clearly it can't communicate with the WiFi and the min at the same time well. 

so you end up having to reset the lot. Normally several times and sometimes you just have to give in because you just go round in circles constantly. 

the boxes are as bad as the wife with technology. When it fails to connect simply and first time it just gives in and doesn't try to connect the WiFi it can clearly detect and has the network key too. 

3 years of this I hate sky!!! 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Use powerlines or ethernet, or a wifi mesh with the sky boxes hard-wired into them (gaming routers are just a gimmick imho, no better than any other router)

I had a similar 3 years and only by doing the above did I save my sanity.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion