Discussion topic: Network keeps failing

This message was authored by Buster+Sky+Q This message was authored by: Buster+Sky+Q

Network keeps failing

Please help I'm going crazy. My network connection keeps failing. It's does this frequently and everyone in the house is not happy. It's affecting my son on his computer as well.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jynxy This message was authored by: Jynxy

Re: Network keeps failing

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi,

Can you provide some details to help.

• are you using a sky router
  • are the devices wired or wireless
  • How far away is the router to the devices
  • Any thick walls in between the rooms
  • Have you tried changing the wireless channels (dont worry if you dont know we can help)
  • is this recently not working or always never worked.
  • Do you know how to access the router admin, to check settings.

Thanks

Sky Superuser - If i have helped you please mark as solution to help others. Thanks
1x Sky Q Silver - 1x Sky Q Mini - 1x Sky Q Hub SR203 - SKY Fibre Superfast - 2 x Sky mobiles
Buster+Sky+Q
Topic Author
This message was authored by Buster+Sky+Q This message was authored by: Buster+Sky+Q

It is a sky router.

all devices are wireless as the router is upstairs in a bedroom.

I've tried resetting the hub with varied success it never stays on very long.

I've tied switching the hub off then back on again the varied success, it still does not stay on very long.

it's always been a problem since installed 2 years ago,

Buster+Sky+Q
Topic Author

My sons computer was hardwired to the box but it is still not reliable.

At one point I hardwired the Q box with limited success.

im sure I've looked into the admin details before but can you remind me again how to do this?

This message was authored by Jynxy This message was authored by: Jynxy

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi,

Please try testing your connection here https://www.sky.com/servicechecker this will report any line faults and allow you to book an engineer if needed,

Router admin is via http://192.168.0.1/

Username will be admin and password is on back of router unless you have already changed it.

Once logged in you should see a sky status page, Please provide the details on here

Sky Superuser - If i have helped you please mark as solution to help others. Thanks
1x Sky Q Silver - 1x Sky Q Mini - 1x Sky Q Hub SR203 - SKY Fibre Superfast - 2 x Sky mobiles

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion