Discussion topic: Network connection issues, cannot get any sky programmes like sport for example

This message was authored by Esined1 This message was authored by: Esined1

Network connection issues, cannot get any sky programmes like sport for example

I have an issue. I have a satellite signal but no network connection. I clicked on network connection and then network setup. I click connect to sky broadband wi-fi as I have a sky broadband router. It searches. Then a message comes up' to complete the connection press and hold the WPD button on the broadband router but there isn't one. 

I have tried to virtual agent and that was useless.

I have called Sky, got another robot who sent a text then put the phone down on me!!.

All Replies

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Network connection issues, cannot get any sky programmes like sport for example

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Esined1 wrote:

I have an issue. I have a satellite signal but no network connection. I clicked on network connection and then network setup. I click connect to sky broadband wi-fi as I have a sky broadband router. It searches. Then a message comes up' to complete the connection press and hold the WPD button on the broadband router but there isn't one. 

I have tried to virtual agent and that was useless.

I have called Sky, got another robot who sent a text then put the phone down on me!!.

Hi @Esined1 

All routers have a WPS button

On Sky routers see below

oldfella_0-1691402294249.png

To reset your connection

First reset your broadband router.
On Sky broadband hold the Reset on the back of the router until the power light flashes green (about 10 seconds). Don't unplug or switch off your router while it resets. The power light will go green when it's done.
Wait until the router is completely back and running and then try a Network Reset found in Q box Home - Settings - Setup - Network.
Highlight Status and then select Reset on the right hand side. Follow instructions to connect by WiFi to your router. Even if reset is not listed there is still an option to connect by WiFi to Sky or 3rd party router
On Sky Broadband you will be asked to press the WPS button on the Sky router. (Not on the Q box as the Network reset will start the main Q box WPS automatically). Make sure you press the WPS button on the Sky router and not the reset button.

Esined1
Topic Author

Re: Network connection issues, cannot get any sky programmes like sport for example

Tried with pressing the button on the side of the router and it has come back with a message unsuccessful connection,  please try again or you may need a sky Q booster.

@Esined1 wrote:

Tried with pressing the button on the side of the router and it has come back with a message unsuccessful connection,  please try again or you may need a sky Q booster.

Hi @Esined1 

Was the WPS light flashing on the Main Q box when you pressed the router WPS button?

Esined1
Topic Author

It still is flashing on the Sky Q box

Esined1
Topic Author

Not flashing now has disappeared 

@Esined1 wrote:

It still is flashing on the Sky Q box

Hi @Esined1 

When you carry out the Network reset on the main Q box it's WPS light will only flash for two minutes.

If you do not press the Router WPS button within this time it will not connect.

The WPS light on the main Q box should not carry on flashing.

Esined1
Topic Author

Let me try the connection again and see if it works this time

Esined1
Topic Author

Tried again and still did not work.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion