Discussion topic: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

This message was authored by Bobness This message was authored by: Bobness

Re: Netflix won’t load

No I confess I did not remove the sky boxes on-line. I was guided to the path I used by a sky agent on the phone who got one box working and I did the other later myself. A streaming stick doesn't fit too well into a distributed sky system I have in my home.

At the end of the day, I only reported what worked for me.

Bob.

This message was authored by josejdennis This message was authored by: josejdennis

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Anyone found a resolution yet? Mine is only impacting the mini box, main box is fine.

So far !!! My post 1501 is a resolution for me. YMMV.

Bob.

This message was authored by josejdennis This message was authored by: josejdennis

Just got off the phone to Sky. They've tried resetting the main box, refreshing apps (which I'd already done)....no joy, main box still ok however the mini box still not playing netflix (red circle of death). Their suggestion is to wait 24hours to allow the refresh to kick in (wishful thinking one thinks). Then if no good, I need to call back up tomorrow, the next step is to send out a replacement mini box which seems extreme to say the least!

My experience yesterday and today with a main and a mini box is that no amount of refreshing the apps and re-booting and power cycling will work. Tried it, tried it again, tried it again, no good.

The fix for me is the settings reset followed by the apps refresh just to get the apps back.

Why not try it, only takes 20 minutes or so.

Having said all of that, mine may go all wrong again, I don't know.

Bob.

@Bob I've made a note of your fix to try tomorrow if it's still the same . Better than going down the route of replacing  the box. Thanks 

You're more than welcome. Hope it works for you and stays working for me. 🙂

Bob.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bobness wrote:

No I confess I did not remove the sky boxes on-line. I was guided to the path I used by a sky agent on the phone who got one box working and I did the other later myself. A streaming stick doesn't fit too well into a distributed sky system I have in my home.

At the end of the day, I only reported what worked for me.

Bob.

What is a distributed Sky system? @Bobness 

Nothing that special. Our two skyQ boxes each drive a modulator, actually it's a dual channel modulator. That then feeds a UHF distribution amplifier to TVs in every room. At these tvs you can using the LCN decide to watch either of the sky boxes. Both sky boxes are fully remote controlled via infrared return system. The remote signal to one box is is fed via an arduino cpu and processed so that signals from an old Sky HD remote appear as Sky Q signals for just that one box. It does not get a direct signal. the other box gets the normal infrared signal without conversion.

That means that both SkyQ boxes can be watched and fully controled independantly from any room in the house. Old Sky HD remote for one box and new SkyQ remote for the other.

Bob.

This message was authored by AndyMcFlab This message was authored by: AndyMcFlab

Well, persistence appears to have paid off.  After resetting the settings again and doing another power-down reset of the box itself, Netflix now boots up even faster than it ever did before!

However, I have had to reprogram all my favorite channels which had disappeared. 

This message was authored by mstylianou75 This message was authored by: mstylianou75

Wifi seems to be working ok but we're struggling to connect to Netflix via our sky box for a few day

Netflix is not connecting on and off but mostly we just have the spinning wheel on both our main box and our 2nd box. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Wifi seems to be working ok but we're struggling to connect to Netflix via our sky box for a few

@mstylianou75  I have merged your post to this existing thread that is discussing the same issue, it's not a  broadband issue.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Fayth1 This message was authored by: Fayth1

Netflix isn't working, just spinning

Netflix isn't loading, just constantly spinning
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Netflix isn't working, just spinning

@Fayth1 

See post 2 which is currently showing as the answer. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@Bobness wrote:

Nothing that special. Our two skyQ boxes each drive a modulator, actually it's a dual channel modulator. That then feeds a UHF distribution amplifier to TVs in every room. At these tvs you can using the LCN decide to watch either of the sky boxes. Both sky boxes are fully remote controlled via infrared return system. The remote signal to one box is is fed via an arduino cpu and processed so that signals from an old Sky HD remote appear as Sky Q signals for just that one box. It does not get a direct signal. the other box gets the normal infrared signal without conversion.

That means that both SkyQ boxes can be watched and fully controled independantly from any room in the house. Old Sky HD remote for one box and new SkyQ remote for the other.

Bob.

Impressive thank you for sharing @Bobness 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion